May 09, 2024, 09:51:29 AM

News:

2014 limited need new shocks

Started by topcat3815, July 02, 2021, 05:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topcat3815

14 limited wanting to replace shocks with either 13 inch pro action or ohlins 159 with adjustable rebound heard good things about both thanks for all replies

PoorUB

There was just a thread on this the other day. Ohlins Blacklines are popular, about $900. I had a set on my 2016 Limited. A very noticeable improvement.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

NHBagger

I run 14" Pro Action on my Tri Glide and have to say they are the best I have ever run, 2 wheel or 3. I originally had the 13" with lift brackets but these are even better.

scott7d

I've owned ProAction 12" and now have Ohlins 772 13". Honestly, both will be a huge improvement and both feel better than Legend, which I've also owned. ProAction will set them up and get them on the dot, or at least very close to where you need to be based on your weight and passenger weight. If you order from "Suspended by Smarty", you can also get that same service for no additional charge. They will at least be very close when they come in.

Customer service for both companies is great. I'd maybe just narrow it down to price or compare the warranties and go from there.

Something else to think about: After putting on good rear shocks, you'll realize how much the front sucks. ProAction sells a front/back combo kit for $1025 which is probably the best bargain of all.
Scott Matlock - Bloomington, IN
Iron Butt Rider #72408 - Facebook: The Hoosier Cruiser

topcat3815

Thanks for all the replies, I ordered a set of 13 inch pro action shocks yesterday. I was impressed with how they took the time to talk to me and asked me about my bike and what i wanted from a shock.

scott7d

Quote from: topcat3815 on July 07, 2021, 03:02:59 AM
Thanks for all the replies, I ordered a set of 13 inch pro action shocks yesterday. I was impressed with how they took the time to talk to me and asked me about my bike and what i wanted from a shock.

My phone order with them turned in to a general motorcycle conversation with the owner for about 30 minutes. I had called a few more times after for questions with settings and they were very patient and informative. That has been my same experience with Carol Burks (AKA...Smarty) when ordering Ohlins. You really can't go wrong with either, I'm sure you will love the ProAction set!
Scott Matlock - Bloomington, IN
Iron Butt Rider #72408 - Facebook: The Hoosier Cruiser