April 26, 2024, 04:46:07 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

FXSTSB OEM sissy bar?

Started by Finn, July 08, 2021, 11:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn

Hello.

Do you by any chance happen to know if FXSTSB had a sissy bar as standard or if it was an option?

Most of the bikes - like mine - do not seem to have one but some do, like the one below.

-83 GS1000G | -84 GSX1100EF | -97 FLHR | -98 FLSTS | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

Hossamania

I'm pretty sure it did not come with a backrest, but it was a popular accessory purchased at the time of sale.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Fugawee

One of My younger Brothers bought a 96' FXSTB brand new.  It didn't come with a sissy bar.  He did put one on it so He could attach a "T" Bag for traveling.  His was taller than the one in the picture, and was black.  I don't know if it was an HD product, or after-market.  He traded that Bike in for an 03' Deuce, which came with a short sissy bar (chrome), and changed that one to a taller as well.  That was an HD product.  I'm not sure if an 03' bar will fit a 97'.

Finn

Thanks, guys.  :up:

Need a black set as the Nelson-Rigg sissy bar bag needs something to be tied on. Maybe a rack as well.  :idea:
-83 GS1000G | -84 GSX1100EF | -97 FLHR | -98 FLSTS | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

Cview

Sissy bar pad is stock the rest is softail parts powdercoated