May 03, 2024, 07:07:33 PM

News:

2009 UC Engine upgrades Advice request

Started by Tre_11 FLHX, November 13, 2008, 03:24:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tre_11 FLHX

Ok- I am getting close to making a decision on my upgrades to my UC.

Option 1:  103, Heads cleaned up CC'd To ??(Bigboyz did my last set but will consider others)  SE211 SE HC Pistons Cometic .030
Option 2:  103 Heads same as above Andrews TW21 Se Flattops .030 Cometic

I will be building this myself- Got a TSS mastertune already :up: :up:

Would appreciate any and all suggestions on the above. 

Not interested in anything Woods, been there. want to stay with either of the above two combinations.

Want a scoot that will get out of its own way, streetable, and power is there when I need it.  Ok maybe an occasional "impress the boys" as well.

As always TIA,
Mike
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

Don D

The dealers I sell to are telling me the new stock headpipes are working fairly well. Rinehart and Bub slip-ons have been mentioned as a winner. The 211 route will get you a good power band with the 103" The HC pistons are not needed. Staying off the cutting edge of compression will be wise and the compression can be adjusted by a small head mill to get to about a 9.0/1 corrected number. The Blueprint heads will flow about 10% over stock with just valve and seat work. This combination will really shine with a 1.900 valve (Street Port) and the same compression. The TW21 is OK and I would not waste any money on heads if you did that. This is for big torque number in the midrange and at the top it will feel like the motor has a governor.
Great choice on the TTS

Tre_11 FLHX

Deweysheads,
Thanks for the input- Have beenleaning heavy toward the 103 with 211s did not know about the HC pistons.  My last scoot I ran 211s with 10.7:1 of course that was a 95".  Need to put my list together. 

Any Idea what a streetport would run me for the above setup? :wink:

Regards,
Mike
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

Hillside Motorcycle

I want to say the 37 word, if in fact, Bob Wood cams are off the list.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

Tre_11 FLHX

Hillside,
I have nothing against woods cams, been there with a set of TW6HGs was not impressed got similiar results using 211s in a 95 for a lot less $$. Did'nt think about the 37s.

I see a few guys on here are pushing the woods 6 but I think I can do just as good and spend less money. JMHO I could be wrong.

Mike

ejk_dyna

the se211 is my favorite se cam.  have done several of the se211, cast 10.25 pop-ups w/ stock heads all with great results.

that being said i suspect something else might have been limiting your build because my experience with the woods tw6hg is that it is a lot stronger...properly set up.