April 26, 2024, 03:34:53 PM

News:

Assault Charge Vs. Stealth

Started by WhipLash96, August 13, 2021, 06:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhipLash96

I am close to executing an EFI conversion on my 01 FLTR 124. I had purchased the Stealth Air Intake from S&S a long time ago. Now that it is time to get it done, I started to look at the Trask Assault Charge System.

Taking cost out of the equation, which do you think is the better system? Does the Trask increase the power by the number they claim?

Thanks.....
Thanks,
Whip

Don D

The design originated from Doherty. I had the Doherty version on my 117 years ago and we actually picked up 3 hp on the dyno with the AF off. That was then and that was a 130hp motor. More filter area would have done the trick but then the unit is a knee slapper. The air horn shape inside doesn't do much except on a dyno and look at the strong running EFI 124 TCs, they use a bigger filter. Or better yet the SE Heavy Breather

WhipLash96

Quote from: HD Street Performance on August 13, 2021, 06:58:57 AM
The design originated from Doherty. I had the Doherty version on my 117 years ago and we actually picked up 3 hp on the dyno with the AF off. That was then and that was a 130hp motor. More filter area would have done the trick but then the unit is a knee slapper. The air horn shape inside doesn't do much except on a dyno and look at the strong running EFI 124 TCs, they use a bigger filter. Or better yet the SE Heavy Breather

Yeah I thought to myself that the filter was small in comparison to even the air filter that I have on the CV 51. I am thinking that I could spend that money on something that is more worth while if I felt the need. Like better injectors...
Thanks,
Whip

Don D

Like the air filter the injectors just need to meet the demand, but injectors too large will make it a bear to tune. An AF too large does nothing bad. The CV51 filter is a nice piece iirc.