April 26, 2024, 08:00:03 PM

News:

New belt

Started by Hossamania, August 24, 2021, 05:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossamania

As mentioned in another post , I need a new belt for my '01 RK, Harley has none available in the foreseeable future. My indie is getting a belt from S&S, a "high strength" belt, supposedly stronger than stock. We'll see.
For the record, the belt that broke is not to be blamed, the bike has been running great, and I've been taking advantage of it often. The previous belt lasted well over 60,000 miles of abuse, a sidecar belt, no longer available. It never broke, but was embedded with quite a few rocks. New pulleys (120,000 miles on the old ones), new belt, but stock belt, installed last spring, lasted year and a half.
We'll see how the S&S belt lasts. I'd like to say that I'm going to be nicer to it than the last, but I'm a realist, the new belt is evil, and must be punished. Once someone brings up the motor and dumps their clutch near me, I must try to punish them too.
I should really seek professional help for my problem(s).
A long way of asking, anybody use the S&S belt and have any feedback?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

calif phil

The S&S belt's are very good and my belt of choice, unfortunately they are only available in limited sizes.  Falcon belts on the other hand, are the complete opposite and I would not put them on if they were free. 
Your Indy steered you in the right direction.   You replacing the pulleys?

Buglet

I've being using them since they came out, no complaints. You are lucky your indie found one. I need one a wild back and they said 4 of 22. I was lucky and found one laying around looking for a home.

Hossamania

Quote from: calif phil on August 24, 2021, 06:56:10 AM
The S&S belt's are very good and my belt of choice, unfortunately they are only available in limited sizes.  Falcon belts on the other hand, are the complete opposite and I would not put them on if they were free. 
Your Indy steered you in the right direction.   You replacing the pulleys?

Pulleys got replaced last spring, less than 10,000 miles on them,
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.