April 26, 2024, 03:19:23 PM

News:

Intermittent electrical problem with throttle

Started by les, September 07, 2021, 02:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

les

Bike is a 2020 Electra Glide Standard.  I just got back from a two month bike trip.  The last couple of days of the trip I started having a problem where the throttle by wire would not work and the idle would be up around 1700 to 2000.  It would usually happen when I started the bike, but did happen twice while riding on the expressway.

When this happens, it takes about five minutes of starting and shutting off the bike until it finally starts as normal and I can ride off again.  When I hook my Powervision up to read the error codes, this is what I get"

P1511 HIST
ETC power management mode
P21 35 HIST
TPS correlation error

Any ideas what's going on or how to fix this?

Coyote

Throttle body connector or the electronis on the throttle body.

les

Ohio HD

Pull the connector at the TB, clean the contacts with a GOOD contact cleaner. Blow it out as well. Then push dielectric grease into the plug, thick, and push the two together. More than likely it'll go away.

Pirsch Fire Wagon

You may also want to try a gentle tug on the wires in the connector. When doing what OHIO said.

I find poor/broken  connections at the pins occasionally. If that is the case, the Gold Plated Pins are available though P&A for about $11
Tom

les

Thanks for the tips and advice.  Gee, my 2011 RK never had this problem in 112K miles, and this one year old bike having it with just 26K miles.  I sure learned a lot about the correlation error and the limp mode in the past day.

I guess time to roll up my sleeves and get experience under my belt with this part of the H-D's.

les

BTW, how many times have you guys seen that it's the pin socket stretching out at the ECM connectors?  I think I might have disconnected the ECM connectors when installing my PV Target Tune module.