April 26, 2024, 01:03:29 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Motion Pro Cable Luber V3

Started by wrenchspinner3, December 14, 2021, 06:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrenchspinner3

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience using the Motion Pro Cable Luber V3 on
a Twin Cam or earlier? My concern is large eyelet on the Twin Cam clutch cable, and if that will fit into the tool? Also, the elbows on the throttle/idle cables up at the grip look like may be a problem with this tool?
Thanks

markymark

I don't think there is enough room for it. I used to lube my cable with the old plastic bag method. Put the cable end in a small plastic baggie, add whatever trans fluid you use, tie off with a rubber band, and hang the cable up so th fluid runs in the cable.

Fugawee

December 14, 2021, 07:06:16 AM #2 Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 08:41:04 AM by Fugawee
I can't speak for the Motion Pro Cable Luber.  There is a product out there that goes by two different names, depending on where You are located.  Why?  Beats Me.  It is called "Dri-Slide", or "Bike Medic".  Same stuff, same plastic bottle, same applicator, same MFR.  Just a different name.  It is in a squirt type bottle, with a 3-4" metal applicator that will fit right inside of the cable sheath, and You just give it a few squirts.  Works rather well in My opinion.  I have used it for years on all kinds of cables.  I bought a bunch of it on-line, delivered to My door.  I have never seen it in a M/C shop, or Dealer.  But the Bicyclists use it as well.  So, it may be available in one of the bicycle shops.

Update...I stand corrected.  It is called "Dri-slide", or "Bike Aid".  Not "Bike Medic".  I just looked at a bottle on My shelf.
Search Dri-Slide, or Bike Aid lubricant, and You'll see it.

turboprop

Quote from: wrenchspinner3 on December 14, 2021, 06:43:54 AMI'm wondering if anyone has had any experience using the Motion Pro Cable Luber V3 on
a Twin Cam or earlier? My concern is large eyelet on the Twin Cam clutch cable, and if that will fit into the tool? Also, the elbows on the throttle/idle cables up at the grip look like may be a problem with this tool?
Thanks

I have one and it works very well on all cables, to include clutch cables.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

JW113

Never saw the need for a tool. I just hold the tip of the bottle of Tri-Flow against the cable where it comes out of the sleeve, and the oil just flows right into the sleeve. Never spilled a drop doing it like this.

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

FSG

I found it easier to put a baggie over the cable end then lay the end on the garage floor, let gravity do the job overnight i.e. trannie fluid down through the cable

But then came the teflon coated inner cables, no lube required  :SM: