April 26, 2024, 03:36:37 AM

News:

Steady roll lifters by jims anyone try them

Started by itsafatboy, December 27, 2021, 04:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsafatboy

Wondering if anyone has tried these jims steady roll lifters , the ones with the bushing and know needle bearings 

turboprop

Quote from: itsafatboy on December 27, 2021, 04:58:30 PMWondering if anyone has tried these jims steady roll lifters , the ones with the bushing and know needle bearings 

Jim gave me a set of them to try  when they first came out. I put 20k miles on them and sent them back as per the agreement. I didnt notice any changes with or without them. They looked really good when I pulled them out. I would not hesitate to use them again.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

itsafatboy

glad they worked out , i rider on the facebook group had two come apart on him they said it was a bad batch , so nope for me thanks

Deye76

Jims, Bad batch? That bad batch lasted for years. Evidently still going.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

turboprop

Quote from: itsafatboy on December 28, 2021, 08:51:08 AMglad they worked out , i rider on the facebook group had two come apart on him they said it was a bad batch , so nope for me thanks

Then why did you ask if you had already mad up your mind?

turboprop

Quote from: Deye76 on December 28, 2021, 03:59:49 PMJims, Bad batch? That bad batch lasted for years. Evidently still going.

Not all Jims lifters are equal. This is like saying all Fords are junk because one model from their car line has issues back in the '90s.

chopper

Quote from: turboprop on December 28, 2021, 08:29:06 AM
Quote from: itsafatboy on December 27, 2021, 04:58:30 PMWondering if anyone has tried these jims steady roll lifters , the ones with the bushing and know needle bearings 

Jim gave me a set of them to try  when they first came out. I put 20k miles on them and sent them back as per the agreement. I didnt notice any changes with or without them. They looked really good when I pulled them out. I would not hesitate to use them again.

After reading up on them, I wouldn't have any qualms about running them either.  Bushings mat be "old school" but they rarely catastrophically fail
Got a case of dynamite, I could hold out here all night

Deye76

December 28, 2021, 05:46:04 PM #8 Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 05:53:39 PM by Deye76
No experience with these bushed lifters. I had Evo and TC lifters fail from Jims, so admit I have a case of the red A$$ for Jims lifters. I defer to those that have used these.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Don D

The same manufacturer makes lifters for Jims and Isky.

itsafatboy

Quote from: turboprop on December 28, 2021, 04:37:47 PM
Quote from: itsafatboy on December 28, 2021, 08:51:08 AMglad they worked out , i rider on the facebook group had two come apart on him they said it was a bad batch , so nope for me thanks

Then why did you ask if you had already mad up your mind?

i didnt,   and read facebook after,   because i posted question there also,