April 26, 2024, 10:16:23 AM

News:

41mm Touring Forks - Fork Cartridges

Started by Ohio HD, January 07, 2022, 02:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

January 07, 2022, 02:20:18 PM Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 02:45:07 PM by Ohio HD
Looking for feedback on the differences between the Progressive Suspension touring bike front fork cartridges and the Fox front fork cartridges. Or just experience with the Fox cartridges.

The Fox cartridges have a dual opposing piston design to keep from aerating the fork oil. 

https://www.ridefox.com/img/filter/moto/moto-fork.mp4

hrdtail78

I have gotten great feed back on the fox.  I was going to go that route but went inverted instead.   Run fox on the rear though.  I have removed progressives from bikes for fox and got good feedback. 

Seems the progressives are pretty stiff compared to fox. 
Semper Fi

Ohio HD

Thanks. I know in the off road segment they get good reviews. That doesn't always translate over to heavy street bikes.

HighLiner

Make sure you check out Legends as well

Big Dave

A little late but I have an 09 Ultra 80,000 miles and did the progressive Cartridges. These are the complete replacement set , I am using 2 clips per side as Im a fat bastard , only a couple of ozs of oil as these are a gas cartridge

For me a major difference and would recommend them to anyone who asked

Dave

jmorton10

I have run Progressive monotubes in my 07 RK for 8 years & I am very happy with them.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

JSD

Cant say for touring models. I tried progressive on my softail 41s forks and would not advice using gave a rigid ride did a half day on various roads no good!

texaskatfish

Quote from: HighLiner on January 13, 2022, 08:26:59 PMMake sure you check out Legends as well

:agree:   1000%

I finally quit trying to "stay original" w air suspension (bottomed out WAY too often)

The mid grade legends we installed on GracieI were fantastic! NO more bottoming out not once!
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/