April 25, 2024, 10:38:12 PM

News:

Metal or rubber wheel valve stems?

Started by 89 fxrs, January 11, 2022, 02:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

89 fxrs

would like to get some feedback on metal vs. rubber valve stems - had my enforcer wheels chromed on a 2016 roadglide and after a couple of thousand miles developed a very small leak coming from the valve stem, so trying to decide if I should replace it with metal or the stock rubber ones -I'm guessing tat the metal ones would seal better because of the rubber grommet but not sure - that's why I'm looking for some experiences as well as feedback - if you recommend a metal on please let me know where to buy it - thanks
Pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

calif phil

I use the stock rubber stems on the Enforcer wheels, suspect a spot of chrome that  might need touched up with some emery cloth. The VS-1218-R Dill is my favorite metal valve stem, but have not used them on the Enforcer wheels. 

bobrk1

I  was  going  to  use  metal  but  the  shop I go to  said  that  he  hasn't  had  good  luck  with  them. Tend to  leak.

hrdtail78

You cannot see attachments on this board.

I like these for the rear.  As mentioned.  Make sure hole is deburred. Sorry for the price display.  Was on package.
Semper Fi

jmorton10

I use have used right angle metal T stems for years, super convenient & have had no problems with them.

These go great with my FOBO TPS system.

http://www.fobo.com.tr/default-en.asp?baslik=tvalve_2_li_paket&page=13&urun=167

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

Deye76

I ran the 90° metal on the rear of my 2015 RG, no problems, still on the bike when I sold it last year. Sure made checking and adding air a lot easier.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

kd

When using a rubber stem, be sure it is not too long or will not flex under centrifugal force and come in contact with a brake caliper (or anything else).  It can get ugly at high speed.
KD

89 fxrs

would like to confirm the size valve stem hole for the enforcer wheels is .453"?
Pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.