April 26, 2024, 01:44:46 AM

News:

Signal light fault

Started by Markpisani, January 23, 2022, 11:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markpisani

Hi.....just finished putting everything back together after wiring new handlebars...2011 FLTRX.  My signal lights are not working.  Left indicator on the dash is solid green regardless of what I press.  I am also getting a code b1125....left turn output short to battery.  I have tried to clear the code and it comes back indicating it's current.

I have also disconnected the main connectors to the handlbar controls and cleared the code and it comes back.  Based on this I am thinking the short is not in the bars....would that be correct?

I'd really like to get an idea of where to start before I begin pulling all this apart.  I am not very strong with electrical troubleshooting.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks.

kd

January 23, 2022, 12:21:40 PM #1 Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 01:39:09 PM by kd
Because you have disconnected the handlebars, I would start by carefully looking at the wiring that is connected to the bar connector that may have been moved during the installation.  You will be looking for a hot feed and testing with a meter should identify the circuits that are live.  Start at the plug and compare to the wiring diagram to see if it should be live.   It will probably be cross feeding in some way and may not be full 12 volts.   
KD

Hossamania

Do you have some kind of load equalizer for led lights? Was any other work done at the same time?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Markpisani

Both tires off for replacement rubber and exhaust off. 

Markpisani

Thanks.

There is a 4 pin connector coming off of my right side nacelle that I did not connect to anything. I couldn't find a female to connect to so figured it was for something not on my bike. Any idea what that could be?  Still hoping it's something simple I missed. Lol.

Jim Bronson

There should be no male connector just dangling on the bike. You can verify with the wiring diagram in the service manual. If there really is a short from your turn signal hot wire to the battery (12V constant), then something got pinched. You'll need a multimeter to confirm.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Quote from: Markpisani on January 23, 2022, 04:36:18 PMThanks.

There is a 4 pin connector coming off of my right side nacelle that I did not connect to anything. I couldn't find a female to connect to so figured it was for something not on my bike. Any idea what that could be?  Still hoping it's something simple I missed. Lol.

The Plug is located just aft from the front of the Fuel Tank on the Left Side .... Purple, brown, Blue, Black...
Tom