May 01, 2024, 11:00:11 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TTS, What about PE

Started by Don D, June 04, 2009, 11:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don D

Should this be toggled off during V-Tune sessions? Can this be done?

Herko

Yes, there are tuning guides out there that instruct this.
The one on the TTS site as well.
Done by setting the PE initiating RPM out of range.
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

WVULTRA

As Herko stated, grab the TTS Manual here:

http://www.mastertune.net/files/Tuning%20Files/Manuals/MasterTune_Tuning_Guide.pdf

Page 41 gives details.

:up:
'07 ULTRA, AXTELL 107"/BAISLEY SS HEADS/HPI 48/DARKHORSE CRANK/RINEHART TDs/TTS

whittlebeast

If PE only comes in when hard into the throttle and VTune /closed loop is only in effect at about 15% throttle and below (assuming you are not at high altitude) how would these ever step on each other?

Just asking questions

AW
Dynos are great for getting the motor close enough to get on the data loggers.

Herko

...and VTune /closed loop is only in effect at about 15% throttle and below...    

Yes?? :nix:

whittlebeast

Herco

Feel free to post a log and we can take a look.

Andy

Steve Cole

Quote from: whittlebeast on June 04, 2009, 04:15:19 PM
If PE only comes in when hard into the throttle and VTune /closed loop is only in effect at about 15% throttle and below (assuming you are not at high altitude) how would these ever step on each other?

Just asking questions

AW

Are you for real? You claim to be a tuner, You claim to have used Vtune, yet you ask a question that you know to be totally false! Vtune works long past 15% tps and if you had really done any of the things you have claim in the past you would know this. So are you lying now or were you lying before as it has to be one or the other!
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

whittlebeast

Steve

You managed to miss the point again, concentrated on bashing me personally and changing the subject.  Nice touch. 

At anywhere near sea level, do the two ever get involved at the same time?

AW

Jeffd

Quote from: WVULTRA on June 04, 2009, 04:02:02 PM
As Herko stated, grab the TTS Manual here:

http://www.mastertune.net/files/Tuning%20Files/Manuals/MasterTune_Tuning_Guide.pdf

Page 41 gives details.

:up:

man why can't the Daytona twin tec tc88a have a manual even close to that?

Herko

Quote from: Herko on June 04, 2009, 04:32:05 PM
...and VTune /closed loop is only in effect at about 15% throttle and below...    

Yes?? :nix:

Quote from: whittlebeast on June 04, 2009, 05:20:46 PM
Herco

Feel free to post a log and we can take a look.

Andy

When I get back to the shop computer I can post a VTune historgram that will illustrate the answer to your rhetorical question.

whittlebeast

I normally do not like to run at 14.7 AFR anywhere past about 70 KPA.  I only use VTune to get in the ballpark and see the general pattern that is developing in the VE Tables.

The real question is do the two functions ever cross paths?  How deep into the throttle are you willing to expose the motor to detonation and heat.

AW

Steve Cole

No Whittlebeast I did not miss the point! I hit the nail on the head. IF you had used Mastertune and our MT7 calibrations you can run up to the 60% throttle range and still use Vtune at sea level, further at higher altitudes. Vtune works based on load and RPM along with other things you do not understand. The range for load is ~ 28 - 85 kPa. Had you ever bothered to use the product that you keep trying to tell everyone doesn't work right you would have known that. If your going to try and ask questions go learn the product or at least step up and tell the truth about it! The PE function is calibration based so the answer to your other question is yes it can and does cause issues. You do not have to expose the motor to detonation at all and the heat factor is purely up to the person doing the tuning. Running at 14.6:1 for tuning purposes only at WOT will not hurt a thing and as a matter of fact many current model OEM cars run it all the time these days.

whittlebeast

Quote from: Steve Cole on June 05, 2009, 09:46:20 AM
you can run up to the 60% throttle range and still use Vtune at sea level, further at higher altitudes.

And what is the lowest throttle position that will activate PE?

AW

Don D

Why not just leave it off once the VEs are corrected? It would seem logical to me that with the right adjustment on accel enrichment and AFR the whole PE function could be toggled off for good

Steve Cole

The PE function in a HD is used to cool the motor under extended heavy loads. Look at the table and you will see it's based on time. The mixture goes richer the longer your in the PE mode.

Krusty

I gotta question. I did a couple of v-tune runs but forgot to disable PE mode. Looking back at the data runs I never got into the range that PE would kick in. Are my VEs calibrated or do I need to go back and v-tune again?
07 FLHTCU,HQ107ST,PowerPACC,BUB 7 2:1

Steve Cole

Vtune will weed out all bad data so it will not effect the tune you have. The issue is that there may be areas you could have tuned in better but did not due to PE kicking in.