May 01, 2024, 08:03:02 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

SERT to MAstertune upgrade released

Started by Steve Cole, June 04, 2009, 04:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Cole

OK, it's done and up on the www.mastertune.net site for you all to download. It's on the calibration page. This is ONLY for 2005 and newer bikes. We will see how this goes before we make any decisions about making it for the earlier bikes.

Cost is $100.00 USD and it can only be purchased from TTS Inc. direct, it will not be sold though the dealers. This is an upgrade only and can only be used on the bike that the SERT is locked too. No exceptions to the rules.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

blkfalc4

Steve, is this the upgrade to use mt7 files for the older open loop 05-06 bikes?
Or just an upgrade for SERT users?

Reason I ask is I already own the TTS for my 05 but am relegated to using mt6 files. Would love to just add o2's and use the newer mt7 files.

Thanks
Mike
05 FXDWGI-97CI..10:1..DeweyHeads 80cc..TW54G Cams..ST 2-1..TTS..C/L..3.37:1

nc-renegade

Quote from: blkfalc4 on June 05, 2009, 07:02:47 AM
Steve, is this the upgrade to use mt7 files for the older open loop 05-06 bikes?
Or just an upgrade for SERT users?

Reason I ask is I already own the TTS for my 05 but am relegated to using mt6 files. Would love to just add o2's and use the newer mt7 files.

Thanks
Mike

Mastertune Versions 132 and 133 support that feature now.  When you load in a 176 cal. file, it will update the 05 ECU with the 07 firmware.
107ci, 11:1,T-Man Stage 3 Heads, T-Man TR-662 cam, HPI 51mm TB, Feuling plate/SP

blkfalc4

Thanks NC
So all I need to do is purchase HD sensors, figure out the wiring to add them, and use a mt7 file close to build?

Appreciate the help in advance and Thanks Again

Mike

Herko

blkfalc4

Yes, OE Closed Loop conversions are a reality now.
Wiring: the saying "the devil's in the details" really applies here.
One example: knowing the difference between a white/black wire and a black/white wire.
Another: Getting the correct pinout info.

More conversion info here:
http://harleytechtalk.net/htt/index.php?topic=11202.0
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

Steve Cole

This upgrade is for those who asked for it. It allows owners of the SERT product that HD no longer will support to upgrade to Mastertune. This gets you all the features that are part of Mastertune. Mastertune already allows you to put O2 calibrations into 2005 and later bikes. We have not run the testing on this but customers have. Some say it works great while others say they are having an issue. TTS is not currently doing the testing!

The software download only checks to see if your unit can be upgraded and if so then it generates the necessary information for you to printout and send to us. If you chose not to upgrade it does nothing to your unit and you can keep using the SERT as is.

wavlovr1

OK, most of this is over my head, but:

I have an 02 Deuce that has bungs for O2 sensors in the pipes. (Did have twinScan/Wego on it)
Will this new program allow it to run closed loop if I added the new HD O2 sensors and wired them in?
:sswim:
Thanks, JB

Airglider

Steve,

What is the difference between the 04 and the 05/6 models? Of course, I have an 04 model.

AG
Loud Lights Save Lives!

Steve Cole

This upgrade is for 2005 and newer only. In 2005 HD changed the way the ECM worked and the hardware inside the ECM. So this is only for the newer ECM. This upgrade will allow those that want to change from the SERT to all the Mastertune features. One of those feature is that you can place O2 equipped calibrations into a 2005 and newer bike that was not closed loop before. It also allows one to use all the new tuning features that Mastertune has always had that were not part of the SERT product.

nc-renegade

Quote from: Herko on June 05, 2009, 09:25:51 AM

Another: Getting the correct pinout info.

HA, that's for sure, even in the same EDM book it shows differently.  Use the main harness diagram for the correct one.  Also, DO NOT leave a breakout wire in the connector inadvertantly and start your engine.  Can have a negative effect on your ECU.
107ci, 11:1,T-Man Stage 3 Heads, T-Man TR-662 cam, HPI 51mm TB, Feuling plate/SP

blkfalc4

Herko, thanks for the link bro.
LOL, seen the thread heading but thought it was about the voltage bias, so never went in. What a DA I am.

Gonna do this as I only need the o2 parts. Have a late 05 FXDWGI, built in July of 05, so I'm gonna bank on the correct ECM.
As for the wiring, not a problem for me, I'm an EE that has spent the last 13yrs designing and programming industrial machinery. Basically the same thing......I'm syked about this.
Definately will keep up to date about my progress as well as others have about this.

Mike

greg1140

Will the upgrade work on MT6 files or will you still have to copy and paste to MT7 files to do autotune?
Greg

Steve Cole

Mastertune has a "Copy multiple table" feature to move your MT6 file into a MT7. You have to use MT7 files for Vtuning tuning.

greg1140

Thanks Steve, that will make life much easier when trying to use old files.
Greg

r440

so what is the expected turn around time?

pauly

G'day Steve,
Thanks for the info. It's good news - I've been wondering for a long time if my map is actually any good.
Can you please clear up a couple of Questions/Assumptions for me?
1/ I pay the hundred bucks, and download TTS from wherever - Does that then replace my SERT software entirely & include V-Tune, DataMaser and Mastertune?
2/ Do I then get access to periodic upgrades to the software like any other Mastertune user?
3/ Can I download the map from my bikes ECU currently (yup - it's younger than a 2005 model) and modify it's parameters, use VTune on it etc, and thus improve it?
4/ To where do I email the result of the Qualifying software?

Thanks
Pauly

pauly

Hi again,

I should clarify - I've now run the qualifying software and sent the results to sales@ttspowersystems.com.

The test report states that I'll need to send the SERT interface to TTS along with the report - If that's the case I'm screwed as I'm in Australia. :-(. My hope is that the phsical interface is not required forthe update. Keep me posted.

Thanks
Pauly

Scotty

Quote from: pauly on June 08, 2009, 12:08:54 AM
Hi again,

I should clarify - I've now run the qualifying software and sent the results to sales@ttspowersystems.com.

The test report states that I'll need to send the SERT interface to TTS along with the report - If that's the case I'm screwed as I'm in Australia. :-(. My hope is that the phsical interface is not required forthe update. Keep me posted.

Thanks
Pauly

Why are you screwed Pauly?

It's very easy to send stuff to the USA.
Just go to the local post office and fill in the details and mail it back to TTS.
Just ask Steve what the extra is to mail it back to OZ will cost.
I have sent stuff to the USA plenty of times and never had a problem.

Steve Cole

The interface will have to come to TTS as the SERT interface will not work. The software runs the necessary test and prints out the information we need to be able to do the update. You will get back a complete Mastertune software package along with your interface updated to work with Mastertune but it will still be locked to your bike as it was when it came in. Price is plus shipping to where ever it needs to go back too.

Gulfstream

Let me ask a couple of questions. I have a 05 FXDI and it's currently tuned with the SERT. I ran the upgrade program and it tells me I'm eligible for the upgrade. I'm planning on rebuilding (with different components) the motor later this year so I'll need another tune. I doubt that I'll upgrade to O2 sensors. Would this be a worthwhile upgrade or should I just stick to the SERT and save the money? Okay, I guess that's just one question.

pauly

Thanks Steve & Scotty for the replies.

I know it's easy to send stuff to the states :-)
I've been the victim of a few postal losses however, and aren't willing to put my SERT interface (That cost me something like $750 by the way) under such risk.

Once again - thanks for the replies.

Pauly

Scotty

Send it UPS insured for $750 and hope it goes missing as the replacement will be cheaper  :hyst:

But honestly UPS will get it there no problems.

pauly

Haha - Knowing my luck they'd explain how the decimal point moved to the left when I took out the insurance, and 'how would you be liking your seventy five bucks?'.

If/when the capability exists to plug the interface into my PC and upgrade it over the WAN, or via another (local) means, I'm in.

Pauly