April 26, 2024, 01:32:55 PM

News:

turn/signals

Started by roadkingdresser, May 08, 2022, 07:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kd

May 08, 2022, 09:41:13 PM #25 Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 07:06:42 AM by kd
Hoss, I agree with what would happen if the wires were twisted together.  I am just trying to figure out how or why a double contact socket would get confused with a single.  It would have been obvious when compared or at least the first time the switch was turned on that the left side running light didn't match the operation on the right.  Maybe the left side was knocked of and not retrieved in an accident of sorts and there wasn't anything to compare it to.   :nix:  For now at least I think all it needs is a proper pigtail / and socket (or lamp assembly) and the wires connected properly.  The signal has to be tied into the bright filament if not factory color coded.
KD

Tacocaster

"Filomena"??  :scratch:  Jumpin's KD!  I know winters are long in N/W Ont, (all of Kah-nada for that matter) but reading dictionaries to pass time is a bit out there (new word of the day - for all of the rest of us, I should think).  :wink:   
We're all A-holes. It's to what degree that makes us different.

roadkingdresser

Well I pulled the switch assembly out today. I guess the turn signal must of got knocked off and the wrong one was put on.The module in this one doesn't have plugs it is hard wired so you cant cross the wires. only has 2 wires and the right one has 3 so problem fixed. Thanks for the input and laughs I got out of some of them!
roadkingdresser

Hossamania

Glad we could add some humor!
So me being ignorant, what is the solution? A whole new left hand module for big bucks?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Ohio HD

Strange that there are three on one side two on the other. 2011 had two on both sides, 2012 and up they show three on both sides.

kd

May 09, 2022, 07:11:29 PM #30 Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 07:22:18 PM by kd
Quote from: Tacocaster on May 09, 2022, 05:26:42 AM"Filomena"??  :scratch:  Jumpin's KD!  I know winters are long in N/W Ont, (all of Kah-nada for that matter) but reading dictionaries to pass time is a bit out there (new word of the day - for all of the rest of us, I should think).  :wink:   

HAHAHA That's mid Canada speak. You east coasters aren't bilingual?  Hint .... it's an electrical erotica term for trades guys like Hoss and preacher son and means hot and burning bright. 
KD

kd

Quote from: Ohio HD on May 09, 2022, 05:32:52 PMStrange that there are three on one side two on the other. 2011 had two on both sides, 2012 and up they show three on both sides.

That's what I noticed too.  I expect the new left side 2 wire one is hard grounded to the mounting surface and the right side ground wire is doing the work. The right side bulb socket must be grounded to the tree also to pick up the work for the left side.
KD

Rusticwater

Pretty sure the left switch assembly (which includes the front turn signal) on certain 2012 Dyna international models uses a 1156 style bulb. Check out switch assemblies part numbers 72945-12 for international versus 72943-12 for domestic. Comparing the bulbs that come with each shows the international is single filament and domestic is dual filament. So maybe someone installed the wrong switch assembly at some point?  :scratch:
Support the Maine lobster industry

roadkingdresser

Found a used one,put it on and plugged to the harness and works like it should.Thanks guys.
roadkingdresser

roadkingdresser

Both sides now have 1157 bulbs in. Before 1 -1157 and 1 -1156 .
roadkingdresser