April 26, 2024, 07:13:24 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Michelin Commander 3 Touring Air Pressure Recommendations

Started by razorwire, June 03, 2022, 03:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

razorwire

Does anyone know what the air pressure recommendations are for these tires? looking for load dependent pressures such as Not loaded 1 rider and heavy loaded 2 riders. - Thanks
2009 Road Glide
NB, Canada

calif phil

42 rear and 40 front is what I would recommend.

razorwire

2009 Road Glide
NB, Canada

kd

No experience with the C III's but something I noticed with my 2011 RGU with no suspension mods (other than a True Trac device) and using C II's.  I have TPMS and  been running 40# rear and 38# frt (ambient / cold).  On hot summer pavement the TPMS is telling me I get at least 6# increase in pressure and more.  It gets real twitchy and sensitive to every imperfection on the highway especially with any wind or gusts and kind of tense in most corners.  When this has happened I slowly lowered the pressure and at 40 and 38 it suddenly improved and normalized.  I use that pressure now.  I don't know if this is relevant to C III's but IMO worth mentioning.
KD

motorhogman

I called Michelin and after being transferred a number of times I finally got in touch with Tech support. The guy I talked to said run the pressure Harley recommends. He said the Michelin Commander II ( next set will be Commander III's) was designed to meet OEM specs for pressure. That's what I've been doing and no issues.
where's the points and condenser ?<br />Tom / aka motor

razorwire

Quote from: motorhogman on June 03, 2022, 09:58:06 AMI called Michelin and after being transferred a number of times I finally got in touch with Tech support. The guy I talked to said run the pressure Harley recommends. He said the Michelin Commander II ( next set will be Commander III's) was designed to meet OEM specs for pressure. That's what I've been doing and no issues.

Ok sounds good thanks!
2009 Road Glide
NB, Canada

IronButt70

Quote from: kd on June 03, 2022, 06:47:13 AMNo experience with the C III's but something I noticed with my 2011 RGU with no suspension mods (other than a True Trac device) and using C II's.  I have TPMS and  been running 40# rear and 38# frt (ambient / cold).  On hot summer pavement the TPMS is telling me I get at least 6# increase in pressure and more.  It gets real twitchy and sensitive to every imperfection on the highway especially with any wind or gusts and kind of tense in most corners.  When this has happened I slowly lowered the pressure and at 40 and 38 it suddenly improved and normalized.  I use that pressure now.  I don't know if this is relevant to C III's but IMO worth mentioning.
You just explained why I never run OEM cold/ambient pressures. On a hot fl day rolling down the super slab my BLU TPMS tells the the pressure in the rear can go up by 8 PSI. If you start with 42 you'll end up with 50 and that will force the center of the tire out giving you less road contact, poor handling and premature wear. My last MC3 rear went 20k miles. The front that was replaced at the same time has 27k miles and is still in service. Of course this is all JMHO and YMMV.
No one else put you on the road you're on. It's your own asphalt.