May 08, 2024, 05:12:38 PM

News:

running on one cylinder

Started by oldrlh, June 06, 2009, 09:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldrlh

l'm running on the front cylinder only. When l first start it it'll run on both then it drops the rear.l'm running a crane Hi 4 which up untill now's been great.Any help will be appreciated.Cheers Ross.

Pynzo

Try running a hotter plug in your rear cylinder- drop off the choke once you get it started, and carry spare plugs. It sounds like you may have it too rich at idle.

Lew

Sounds like a fouled plug but maybe not.  Try swapping plugs and see if any change.  I've seen more than my share of bad Crane units that start out this way.  Good luck!

Lew
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

oldrlh

Ok, l've also tried new leads, tappets adjusted, enricher off(CV) and new plugs gapped at 30 thou the front plugs blackish and the rears clean and just wet with raw fuel. lt's a bit of a head scratcher. This allways happens l finish building one bike and the other allways shits itself.

Pynzo

jmanjeff

with the plugs out and hooked up to the wires and the plugs grounded to the motor  do you have spark on both plugs
1957  Sportster

oldrlh

Yes pulled both plugs and grounded them and sparks on both pots and l'll pull the carb and do a general clean up later this arvo.

saltcaveminer

i might suggest you recheck the pushrod adjustment.if possible check compression.Salty