May 01, 2024, 09:54:36 PM

News:

T-max w/autotune questions

Started by mayor, June 07, 2009, 06:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayor

I'm pretty happy with the way my bike is running with the T-max, so I'm thinking about writing the learned offsets to the ecm....question is once I write those learned off sets, do I need to then clear the current offsets or do they auto clear when you covert from learn to written?  The manual isn't overly clear for us non-tuners.   :crook:
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

99embrey

You should first read learned adjustments, and then write them.  No need to clear the previously learned.  You should do this every once in a while to keep the bike fine tuning.

mayor

thanks. got it done yesterday... read, wrote, and then T-max auto cleared.   :up:

redmtrckl

This exercise will supposedly do a smoothing to the map curve data points much like the smoothing feature does in the Advanced tuner's software---so I'm told.
I've done it and it does not have any adverse effects that I can tell.
Yes! I am an Infidel.
And proud of it!

JK

Update your software.  2008.1.12 was just released, has improved offset smoothing and other updates.

mayor

thanks for the tip JK.  I just updated my software.  I'll hook up to the module and up date it tomorrow...

The update that showed up for me was "EFI_Thundermax-01_12-04-08.B19".  is that the right one? 

Dennis The Menace

Mayor, that is same version as mine too.

Dennis

JK