April 27, 2024, 07:09:18 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Stock 80 EFI engine, cam

Started by xlfan, October 28, 2022, 04:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlfan

Is it the N cam that is stock in this engine? And is it advisable to upgrade cam in these early MM fuel injected engine, all else stock setup?   

HogMike

Andrews 27 comes to mind.
Responds well to minor changes in exhaust and intake.
Depends on the year and model I think.

I started with this cam on a 1995 FLH carburetor bike for reference, JMHO.

:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

Hossamania

Do you have a tuning device and a tuner or tune it yourself if you decide to change cams?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

rigidthumper

The 1995 & 1996 ECMs were not editable. If you upgrade to the 32423-97B ECM, you can tune 95 & 96 EFI bikes using a Direct Link tuner (Techno Research).
Power Commander is still an option, if you can find one. The HD kit came with an SE3 cam, Hi flow AC, and bigger injectors.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

xlfan

For what I have been able to find out, all the EVO EFI bikes was setup with an oem "O" cam. I guess a stock -95 EFI bike would accept an oem "N" cam without any problem. I guess the specs can't differ that much.

Buglet

V Thunder use to make a nice bolt in cam that work very well. They also made a module to work with the fuel system. You just have to find someone that has some old stock, they are still around.