April 27, 2024, 10:21:33 PM

News:

Indicator Light Assembly

Started by bikesmike, November 11, 2022, 08:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikesmike

Hello All,
New to forum and first post. I'm customizing a 2002 WG for myself and finally coming to the finish line. I scratched the stock dash for a Harley Stock Cat Eye one off a 2011 Cross Bones. One of the dilemma's is that the stock 02 one (68113-99c) has 7 wires with one being a black shared for - and another being orange being shared for +. The 11 one (68545-11) has 6 wires and no designated ground via the Pin Out (which I have for each bike below). Is there a way to make this work? Thanks ahead for any suggestions or resolutions.

02 WG
IndcatorLeft Turn Violet
IndicatorHigh Beam White
IndicatorOil Pressure GN/Y
IndicatorRight Turn Brown
IndicatorNeutral Tan
Black is shared with both L&R Turns and High Beam
Orange is shared with Oil and Neutral

11 Cross Bones
IndcatorLeft Turn BE/PK
IndicatorHigh Beam BE/W
IndicatorOil Pressure W/O
IndicatorRight Turn BE/O
IndicatorNeutral    W
IndicatorBattery Fuse  R/O

xlfan

2011 softail was the first year can-bus. Maybe you could compare wiring diagrams for the 02 WG and the 11 cross bones.

Coyote

It has to do with which indicators are "active high" or "active low". Since you first example needs both power and ground, you can be sure it has some of both types. Since you second one only gets ground (through the mount I'd say), the they are probably all active high.

It's not likely you will exchange them easily.

bikesmike

Thanks for responces guys.
 In regards to the Can-Bus,thats what I was afaid of. I should have regonized that before buying it. I think the easiest way, although not the cheapest, is to buy one pre Can-Bus as they match apples to apples. Was worth a shot to ask and see if some had a work-around.
Can you let me know if that question was posted in the right place on the forum.
Thanks Again