April 28, 2024, 01:31:43 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Fuel Pump Factory stuff?

Started by fbn ent, January 07, 2023, 11:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fbn ent

Quote from: tdrglide on March 17, 2023, 09:52:07 PMHas anyone tried Quantum Fuel Systems pumps? If I can't get OEM. Helped a friend put one in a 02 dyna a while back but he sold the bike 6mos later. Hasn't heard anything back. It worked fine.

120k and 20yrs on the 03 RG. I need to replace the sending unit anyways. Thinking ahead

I don't know but I want a pump that will last the duration. I am in the same boat with the '02 RG. Gathering stuff that is unavailable. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't EFI.
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

blown alcohol

Quote from: fbn ent on March 18, 2023, 07:19:06 AM
Quote from: tdrglide on March 17, 2023, 09:52:07 PMHas anyone tried Quantum Fuel Systems pumps? If I can't get OEM. Helped a friend put one in a 02 dyna a while back but he sold the bike 6mos later. Hasn't heard anything back. It worked fine.

120k and 20yrs on the 03 RG. I need to replace the sending unit anyways. Thinking ahead

I don't know but I want a pump that will last the duration. I am in the same boat with the '02 RG. Gathering stuff that is unavailable. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't EFI.

The assembly that I posted from ebay has the same 62897-01B fuel pump included. This looks to be a complete drop in assembly. Also in that assembly the filter kit and regulator parts #'s are the same. So why not order the assembly from ebay and use the pump and other parts that are the same
fbn ent, go back to ronnies site and check the parts number from the 02 and 06 road kings. Almost all the parts are the same numbers.
2013 CVO Ultra

fbn ent

I was burned by one pump assembly on E-Bay. Got my money back but still...
Aeromotive is the go to for the hot rodders I know.

blown alcohol

ok, it just looks to be factory Harley OEM parts is why I am interested. Yes, the assembly part# is different but it has the correct fuel pump number that match.
Did you buy a new harley part, or an aftermarket on ebay?
I understand about problems with ebay. I asked seller a question yesterday, and waiting on a reply.

Maybe someone will chime in that knows the difference in these drop in assemblies.
2013 CVO Ultra

fbn ent

March 18, 2023, 09:48:58 AM #29 Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 09:17:10 PM by kd
It was an assembly for an '07 Ultra with minimal mileage. Received it and found it to be an aftermarket pump. I don't think the seller even knew that from how quickly I received the refund ... If you want a used OEM unit, I would recommend finding a reputable bike wrecker that you can talk to face to face.

blown alcohol

I do not see the upload button for some reason, but the ebay part came and it looks to be NOS fuel pump, filter, and regulator my friend can use on his 03 ultra.
Yes the part# is for the 06 road king, but it is still the same pump, filter, hoses, and regulator
I will post pics when I find the upload image.
Has a 2018 build date

2013 CVO Ultra

blown alcohol

62897-01B is not obsolete. I just bought one this evening with 8/29/23 date.

I search HD site and they are several within 75-100 miles of me.
If you are in need go to HD website and search the part# for your local dealers. It will say low stock or unavailable. If low stock call they will probably have just one.
Dealer said they just received this weeks ago and I had him look part # up again and it says January backorder date. Well, at least we can still get them. 
2013 CVO Ultra

03rg

I went with these guys for my 03 a couple years ago. Only road it for a couple seasons before 19 became my daily driver. It was working fine last time I had it out.

https://www.highflowfuel.com/product-result/?ymmq=lk_motorcycle-dirt-bike~yr_2003~mk_harley-davidson~dq_road-glide-fltri-~zp_efi