April 27, 2024, 05:01:42 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Fuel Injector Calculations

Started by Ohio HD, February 08, 2023, 07:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

February 08, 2023, 07:25:39 PM Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 12:57:43 PM by Ohio HD
All of the calculations in the spreadsheet can be found on the web. I just wanted to have them all in one place.

You can use this to calculate the flow rates from one measure to another.

The estimated horsepower at the crankshaft can be calculated to the fuel usage / injector size required.

To my understanding most all fuel injector specifications are calculated at 43.5 PSI (3 BAR). The HD fuel system has a 58.0 PSI (4 BAR) rated fuel system. The calculations in the sheet are based on 43.5 PSI, but will also show the 58.0 PSI results.

Interactive Fuel Injector Calculator

Robb1178

Thanks ohio,
Pretty nifty tool.  Never seen one like that before
03 Heritage Softail 95" Zippers Muscle, Tmax, 51mm HPI T/B , D&D Fatcat 2/1

FSG

looks good in LibreOffice  :up:    :SM:   

Ohio HD

A heads up, the rev04 sheet I loaded last night has some errors in the convert flow rates page for a couple of the values. Rigidthumber brought to my attention this morning. It was the L/min values (Liter Per Minute). I have a new rev05 to load, I believe it's ok. I looked it over and am asking Ridigthumper to review to see if I missed anything. More eyes are always better. Stay tuned.

Ohio HD

February 10, 2023, 09:19:00 AM #4 Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 12:58:02 PM by Ohio HD
Ok, we have that straightened out. We removed the L/Min calculation as it for one isn't really needed at all.

Se we have the updated version, it can be seen here interactively on the HTT site. Coyote set us up with some HTML code to allow interactive use of the application.

Interactive Fuel Injector Calculator

Ohio HD

February 10, 2023, 09:21:46 AM #5 Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 03:11:25 PM by Ohio HD
FYI. Depending on how large your screen is and the screen resolution, make sure to scroll all the way down to see the other tabs that you can select and use.

You cannot see attachments on this board.