April 27, 2024, 04:23:09 PM

News:

Help with Tour Pack wiring

Started by tomboyjr, February 16, 2023, 07:14:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomboyjr

February 16, 2023, 07:14:38 AM Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 08:56:35 AM by FSG
So, I installed the detachable hardware for my TP a few years ago and just coiled all the wires under the seat. Now I want to do a neater job and bought some waterproof electrical connectors so most of the wires come off with the tourpack, leaving it less cluttered under the seat.

But I seem to have an extra wire from under the seat.

I will say this, that the previous owner had all kinds of lights and accessories added to this bike. Its a '12 RGU. Not sure how it came stock, but the TP has brake, signal and running lights, in addition to a lighted rack and 12v charger in the pack.

One wire from the bike has 2 connectors at the end, a 3 prong and a 2 prong. It looks stock. With this plugged in, everything works. But there is another 2 prong wire, which also works to power the 12v charger. Funny thing is, its on the right side of the bike, and its too short to go into the pack. Though the 12v wire is long enough to come out and connect to it. I'm thinking it was added after the fact. Plus, that one has a tag on it-70129-10, which is an add on. And it has that small box thing on it.

Thinking I can just tape that one up and push it out of the way?

You cannot see attachments on this board.

lilchief

February 16, 2023, 07:20:51 AM #1 Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 12:54:49 PM by lilchief
I wonder if that may be for an add on t-pak spoiler or lighted luggage rack.  I had a spoiler on one of my older paks that had a brake light in it. It used a similar plug.

-Disregard, I re-read your post and see that it had a lighted rack. The only other thing I can think of is the colored LED accent lighting that folks put on their bikes. The ones that light up the engine, etc.

tomboyjr

Well its all done. I added waterproof connectors so the speaker wires get disconnected right under the seat, so no more coiling all the wires under the seat. I guess if I find that something isnt lit up, I know where the connector is-lol.

tomboyjr

Well that was too easy. Rear speakers arent working. But, the rear controls for volume and changing the stations are working. So I'm thinking my wiring is OK. When I bought it, the guy had speakers in the front fairings which I took out. And I dont think they all worked at once anyway (all 6).  I'm wondering if when I unplugged those lower fairing speakers under the front fairing, if I didnt plug the back ones in again