April 27, 2024, 01:27:10 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

120R Lifter Replacement

Started by therocket, March 04, 2023, 09:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

therocket

Going to replace the SE lifters on the 120R with almost 15K miles on them. I'm going to stick with the stock pushrods.

Currently bought a new set of the S&S precision lifters but due to the nature of the high lift cam (SE-266) and high spring pressure I'm wondering if I made the right choice on lifter selection. Does anyone have any recommendations or am I fine with the S&S precisions.

rigidthumper

The S&S lifters will work in your application well.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Deye76

Quote from: therocket on March 04, 2023, 09:38:57 AMGoing to replace the SE lifters on the 120R with almost 15K miles on them. I'm going to stick with the stock pushrods.

Currently bought a new set of the S&S precision lifters but due to the nature of the high lift cam (SE-266) and high spring pressure I'm wondering if I made the right choice on lifter selection. Does anyone have any recommendations or am I fine with the S&S precisions.

Good timing, the SE lifters/Jims in my TC let go at 13,000 miles. Lifter failure in a TC is catastrophic.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

98fxstc

If you already have the S&S lifters, run them, they are as good as any.

Turboprop may chime in with some advice. He follows the lifter threads very closely.  :teeth:

therocket