April 26, 2024, 11:55:24 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Harley Road King

Started by Harold Rozier, April 25, 2023, 11:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold Rozier

I just wondered if anyone had liked the Road King and now was trying to decide what type of Harley they will need to transition to as "trade time" comes up.

The Harley Road King Special is really not the same type of bike to me.

Thanks,

Harold

SixShooter14

Howdy, welcome from Montana.

You'll probably get more/better answers in Earl's Place (wow, first time I've said that statement)
My Road King is way past trading in but I too prefer the classic RK over the new "Special"
If I was set on trading/buying a new bike I'd look at these:
2022 Road King
2023 Heritage Softy
2023 RK Special and modify it to be more traditional.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

Hossamania

April 25, 2023, 12:46:47 PM #2 Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 04:00:21 PM by Hossamania
What is the difference between the special and standard that is preferred?

I like my old RK, and have an Ultra as well. Each bike has its strengths and drawbacks, I ride each according to what the ride holds that day. I'm lucky that way.
Were I to only be able to choose one, I honestly don't know which I would take. Each also have sentimental holds.
To trade both on one new bike, I may choose a new Ultra over an RK, due to weather protection and tunes. A much calmer cabin that eats miles.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Bagger

Hossamania.

What year is your RK?

Hossamania

It is an '01, a lot of miles, dependable as hell, and I've been really mean to it. It feels so much smaller after riding the Ultra.

PBSTN

2 road kings here. No need for anything else. Well...other than my old Suzuki.
2010 flhr. 2003 FLHRSEI2. 1986 SUZUKI GS1150E.

Finn

I will stick to my RK since I like it a lot. Touring models with fairings make me feel cramped.

As a matter of fact I like RKs so much that I might consider trading the Heritage in for an M8 RK.  :embarrassed:
-83 GS1000G | -84 GSX1100EF | -97 FLHR | -98 FLSTS | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

Hossamania

Quote from: Finn on April 29, 2023, 07:29:26 AMI will stick to my RK since I like it a lot. Touring models with fairings make me feel cramped.

As a matter of fact I like RKs so much that I might consider trading the Heritage in for an M8 RK.  :embarrassed:

I see nothing wrong with that!