May 03, 2024, 12:05:13 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

FACTORY 110" HP/TQ NO.s

Started by hd06myway, November 13, 2008, 04:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hd06myway

Was glancing thru CRUISER magazine on news stand today and they had a ride review on the '09 CVO Street Bob.  Spec sheet read 98 lbs ft Tq but only 77 Hp..(at the rear wheel).  What a hotter bolt in cam would do for that motor would be well worth it.  With the EPA standards getting tighter and tighter (i.e. leaner and leaner) HD will have to be increasing the size of their motors a couple hundred .cc's every 2-3 years to keep the bikes from staying out of their own way.  I still say the new frame for '09 which greatly improved the handling and ride of the FLH line is a pre-req for a water cooled motor in some sort of top of the line dresser.   I'm not a fan of water cooled motors in HDs, but the same mag had an article on the new V-Max (197 HP at the crank!) and that's one bike this life long HD rider would love to have parked along side my softie.  3 x the HP of stock big twin and twice that of a V-Rod, and it's ridable (i.e. not a crotch rocket).  :smilep:   

bubbarawn

i know with numbers like that vmax i hate when people ask me about my twin cam hp numbers. i say hd needs to do something for the speed demons  even if they have to make it 180 cubic inch. this is gettin embarrassing. :embarrassed:

skyhook

I like bob wood tw-5 in a 110" with stock throttle body...should be good for 105hp/115 tq on a stingy dyno...this assumes a good pipe, air cleaner and tuning device/tune...I have some other ideas if you'd like to drop me a private message...I have an '08 fxdse2 110" that makes 115hp/115tq, rear wheel, stingy dyno, "slightly modified"
always seem to get their azz wet?

mayor

I saw a 110" SE do 120ftlbs/96hp on a 250i during the summer. 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Flat Dog

November 13, 2008, 06:14:10 PM #4 Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 06:23:55 PM by Photo John
Holy crap-that VMax looks like a war machine...

$18k?  :pop:

Valley

Had this one come through for a tune,
08 se110
hq600
borzilla
se 90* air assy
heads never came off
PC 3

hd06myway

Anyone with a CVO bike would be seriously denying themselves alot of fun by not spending another $350 for a good mid to high lift bolt in cam, and really feel what that motor has the potential to do.  Just checkout Valleyracing's dyno chart. :wink:

GoFast.....

Quote from: VALLEYRACING on November 13, 2008, 07:44:00 PM
Had this one come through for a tune,
08 se110
hq600
borzilla
se 90* air assy
heads never came off
PC 3

My brother inlaw got one and had the heads redone with a bigger cam and yes a Hpi TB and got it past 120hp
Nothing like the Sound of a Harley and the Smell of Rubber

1JITSU1

I dont think harley can get the sound with a water cool engine
  1JITSU1