May 01, 2024, 06:04:42 AM

News:

s/e camplate and oil pump

Started by roadkingdresser, May 02, 2023, 01:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadkingdresser

Got an o4 standard with a 25284-08 s/e cam plate. What high volume oil pump is compatable with this setup. It has a harley 26277-06 in it now. THANKS
roadkingdresser

Ohio HD

The number you gave, 25284-08 is a discontinued kit for a cam plate and the oil pump. So for that kit you need HD service instruction J04804. On that document they show the oil pump number as 26037-06.

Below is a link to the instruction sheet at the HD service portal.

J04804_527174_en_US

roadkingdresser

so is there an aftermarket pump that i could use?
roadkingdresser

Ohio HD

You can use any aftermarket pump you wish to use.

roadkingdresser

So if I use a DS 0932-0087, there shouldn't be any problem?
roadkingdresser

rigidthumper

Use 0932-0088, or 0932-0090 with the SE cam plate you have.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

roadkingdresser

roadkingdresser

roadkingdresser

Have you used this pump with this cam plate? tried to order the ds0932-0088 and they say it's not compatible.and they say the fueling 0932-0090 -they do not mention anywhere that it can't be used with the plate. do either of these replace the hd26277-06 that is on the bike?
roadkingdresser

Ohio HD

May 03, 2023, 01:42:18 PM #8 Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 02:06:54 PM by Ohio HD
The part number that you keep using, 26277-06 is not a part number, it's a casting number right off the pump body. As I had said, the HD pump number is 26037-06. That fits any 2006 Dyna and all 2007 through 2017 Twin Cam motors. The numbers that rigidthumper gave you fit that criteria.

If someone said it's not compatible, ask them why. Or just order the HD pump.

Below is a listing for a 2007 Road King, uses that pump number I gave you. And below that is the factory cam plate 25355-06A that the bike comes with. The pumps are just 2007 up pumps. The SE camplate has nothing special about how the oil pump attaches to it.

SP33DY

0932-0088 should be ok with any 2007-up camplate, and 2006 dyna. What you have is basically a 2007-up style camplate. The early plates and oil pumps had a slightly different oil pump bolt pattern and the early plate is not compatible with the late oil pump and vice-versa.

roadkingdresser

I did order the pump and they say it's not compatible. so I'll just wait till the pump comes. thanks again,hate putting you guys thru this.
roadkingdresser

roadkingdresser

I want to apologize to you guys, I really appreciate the help I get from the members on this site.   I try my best to help the riders in my area to keep them riding. Sometimes it gets a little confusing on my part. But I really enjoy doing this. Been a diesel mechanic for 30 yrs. and at 71 I gotta have something to do. So again I apologize. Thank all of you!
roadkingdresser

Ohio HD

cheech

What site are those snips from Ohio?
I like that layout.

Ohio HD

roadkingdresser

Well got the pump and put it back together. Had the air cleaner off and the fittings out of the breather and it blew oil 2 feet out of the vents. I took a compression test before I started all this and both cylinders were 165. So I decided to pull the top end apart. The rear piston was covered with oil. So I took both cylinders off and after extensive checking of the rear, happen to pick up the front one and saw 2 little black marks between the top and second ring. It so happens there were two cracks in the groove between them. Just by luck, both stayed in there until I pulled the top 2 rings off. How often does that happen? Usually, when something like that happens it would scatter the motor.
roadkingdresser