April 27, 2024, 01:01:49 PM

News:

My friend just got a 117

Started by JSD, May 15, 2023, 12:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JSD

May 15, 2023, 12:22:23 AM Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 12:45:43 AM by JSD
Its the new 2023 breakout 117 would a CR 480 work and power vision tune ? He like torque down low for cruising . 

VernDiesel

Sounds outstanding as long as he is not concerned with retaining warranty meeting tested emissions requirements etc. And since you are in Australia I have no idea. If he is concerned with such he can also get in the ballpark power with SE 498/515 cam and SE Pro Street Tuner IF he has a good dyno tuner who is willing to start with a map from a bigger build.

Sinker

I have the 117 in a Low Rider ST. It has a ton of torque stock. I did a T Man 216 cam for midrange and high revs. It accelerates very aggressively.

boooby1744

Have him think about gearing it down also.

JSD

May 16, 2023, 02:18:48 AM #4 Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 02:27:50 AM by JSD
Ok to use on a  new 117 M8 . CR 480 will upgrade manifold stock TB & power vision tune. He failed on pipe choice VH sweepers.

Hossamania

If you need any more info after responses here, Wes at Cycle Rama will answer any of your questions.
Bummer about the Sweepers, but form over function often rules. Gotta look and sound cool!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Deye76

"He failed on pipe choice VH sweepers."
Not on their web site, what are sweepers? Big radius maybe.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Hossamania

Bassani makes Sweepers.
V&H Big Radius have similar design, and sweep the dust off the street onto bike next to them, maybe that's where the confusion comes from?

JSD

Deye76

With those pipes wouldn't waste money on any cam.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

To The Max

cr 480 is a great cam but dont discount the 22xe it might work a little better with those Sweepers , some people still like their bike to look a certain way despite how it runs but that,s ok . I personely like the PV .

Hossamania

Put the 480 in like he wants, run the pipes he wants, tune it properly and have fun with it.
If he finds it's not quite where he wants it, he can think about changing pipes and retuning. Or he can change cam and retune. It's all about personal choice. His recipe might be just want he wants. He'll only know once he does it.
What's the worst that can happen?
There's always a proven recipe that works like everyone else's, going outside those builds finds new success. If it's what he wants to try, go for it.