April 30, 2024, 11:12:33 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

'02 TC Rear Camshaft o-ring/thrust washer

Started by fbn ent, May 15, 2023, 05:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fbn ent

May 15, 2023, 05:29:20 PM Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 07:34:00 PM by fbn ent Reason: clarity
'02 Rear TC Camshaft. Just checking as I'm a decade older than I was the last time I did this job...
Is the thrust washer supposed to stop at the o-ring or cover it when pressing on the inner race? The washer is not supposed to be able to turn when installed properly but I still need some input. There was no o-ring when it came apart. I don't think the OD of the washer is large enough to slide over. So I may have answered my own question already but....

You cannot see attachments on this board.
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

xlfan

The o-ring is for centering the washer and keep it centered during installation of inner bearing race. The ID of washer slide over the o-ring.

fbn ent

Hmm..I had a spare kit that I have to use the o-ring from because the washer didn't push over it.

FSG

refer SB M1097 in the section ....

or if you've done a bearing replacement in the past   :SM:

smoserx1

You have it right.  just press that race on till that washer won't turn and you will be good.

fbn ent

Thanks FSG. My '02 Manual has that in it.