April 27, 2024, 12:19:24 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

CV needle

Started by nmainehunter, May 21, 2023, 09:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmainehunter

I can't seem to find a chart that lists the NOKG needle. This is in a 90 or 91 FXR that I am trying to get back on the road after setting for about seven years. Actually finding anything about the N needles is tough. Thanks

Hossamania

There have been a few charts posted on this site showing all the different needles and their specs.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Fugawee

May 21, 2023, 12:32:34 PM #2 Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 12:56:08 PM by Fugawee
Is there something specific about the NOKG Carb Needle that You are looking for?
I have one here that came off of a 1991 FXDB, which was a Special Edition 50th Anniversary Sturgis Rally Model.
There was also a 1992 FXDB, which was a Special Edition Model commemorating the Daytona Rally.
I believe that the same Needle was used in both of those Models.
I don't know for certain if that Needle was in the Non-Special Edition Models.
I'm also not sure if it is a N0(Zero)KG, or NO(Oh)KG which may have an effect on Your Search.
I seem to recall it being N Zero KG.  It's been a while.

Fugawee

Check this out and see if it does anything for You...

www.dudeworld.com.au/downloads/cv.needle.info.pdf

This chart was posted here some time ago by 14Frisco.

billbuilds

I found that needle on jetsrus dot com. There's a chart on there that you might be able to decipher ( I was left a little  :scratch: ). If not they appear ready to help so call or email them.
Anybody who tries to tell you that the press is the enemy of the people is just that.

turboprop

Quote from: nmainehunter on May 21, 2023, 09:47:13 AMI can't seem to find a chart that lists the NOKG needle. This is in a 90 or 91 FXR that I am trying to get back on the road after setting for about seven years. Actually finding anything about the N needles is tough. Thanks

A different needle in a CV carb will definitely not prevent a bike from getting back on the road. There is something else going on here.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

nmainehunter

Don't misunderstand. I had to clean the carb up and I want to put it back a little better than how I found it. I'm looking for info on where it sits in the rich lean spectrum. The chart that Fugawee linked has one NOK.. needle listed and it's on the way lean scale. Comparing the N65 Sportster needle which is at the top of the rich chart and if this one is at the bottom, there is plenty of room to play.