April 27, 2024, 04:13:00 AM

News:

Dynojet tuning

Started by Lone Ranger, May 27, 2023, 08:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone Ranger

I have a 2002 fuel injected Fatboy I have the Dynojet Power Vision 2 tuner on the bike, going to install a S&S 100" Power Package kit with 585 gear drive cams and 585 valve spring kit. Currently bike is stock except for Bassani 2 into 1 exhaust, K & N air filter and the Power Vision 2 tuner which I have flashed tune Dynojet sent me for the exhaust and air cleaner mentioned. After installing the S&S 100" Power Power Package, keeping the Bassani exhaust and air cleaner I have will I need to get a new tune from Dynojet and flash to ecm? 

Hossamania

Absolutely. The engine will be radically different after install.
Even better would be to get it to a tuner and have it properly tuned.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Finn

Quote from: Hossamania on May 27, 2023, 08:32:52 AMEven better would be to get it to a tuner and have it properly tuned.
This.

With my cam change we used a tune from Dynojet for this combo. When we looked at the details of the tune (cell values etc.) it was...well...like something a lazy blind person would have done. After some dyno time bike has been running perfectly for two years now.
-83 GS1000G | -84 GSX1100EF | -97 FLHR | -98 FLSTS | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200