April 27, 2024, 08:42:23 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Blown Head Gasket

Started by SP33DY, June 10, 2023, 10:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP33DY

If the head gasket blows out, it's best to call someone to haul your bike home. Don't just keep on riding like this guy did.
You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.

billbuilds

Ouch! Nice repair job.  Did you talk him into going with Cometic head gaskets this time?
Anybody who tries to tell you that the press is the enemy of the people is just that.

SP33DY

No, he wanted blue teflon.

Hossamania

I've got a friend who did the same thing after blowing 3 of them. Said F it and kept riding that night. Ended up with some S&S heads, which was honestly the right decision for him.
I agree with billbuilds, nice repair.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

fbn ent

Quote from: Hossamania on June 10, 2023, 12:21:40 PMI've got a friend who did the same thing after blowing 3 of them. Said F it and kept riding that night. Ended up with some S&S heads, which was honestly the right decision for him.
I agree with billbuilds, nice repair.

Been there done that... :emoGroan: . Used to have to carry gaskets in my saddlebags. Old aluminum was giving up after having them bath tubbed.
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

JSD

Quote from: SP33DY on June 10, 2023, 11:15:33 AMNo, he wanted blue teflon.
Oh no. Why every shovel i see the blue ones leak comp to oil drain hole . At least use fire ring or MLS