April 27, 2024, 08:27:15 AM

News:

2000 S3T Thunderbolt

Started by ron, June 10, 2009, 09:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

Recently purchased an S3T. I'm used to an FLHRI Roadking, so this is way different. I want to take off the Vance & Hines pipe to quiet the little rocket down a bit. My question is: What is a good source for OEM parts, like an original muffler, and will that change the performace a lot ? Also, is a taller windshield made ? - BTW shifting sucks, so does anyone think that normal adjustments will improve that, or is it just because there is ao much linkage. Between 2500-3000 RPM it is smooth and fast. Under that it'sgot the HD shakes.

mark61

Get yourself over to   www.badweatherbikers.com   lots of people will have the crappy old OEM muffler laying round!
   Aint supposed to run these highstrung ponys under 2,500 rpm! Try running it up around 5K for some real puckering fun!
:teeth:

mark61
'99 S3

4DWUDS

Well, it shakes because it has H-D under the skin. It is basically a Sportster, So most any thing you can do to a Sporty will also work on a Buell. Define shifting sucks and we can get a little closer to what the fix might be.
To Err is human, To Forgive Divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy.