April 27, 2024, 03:06:01 AM

News:

Dynatek TC88

Started by Mi Infidel, July 16, 2023, 08:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mi Infidel

Hey everyone I have my bike back together and I had the Dynatek ignition set on 32a and my ground strap is telling me I have to much timing. I changed the setting to 32b (haven't ridden yet) but I'm not really hopeful that it's going to change much. 
I really don't know much about this so I'm hoping someone here does. My tuning experience ends with jetting a carb lol. If I buy the cables to program the Dynatek can I change the curves enough to make a difference or is it still going to ramp up advance to slow in the lower rpms and then shoot up in the higher rpms? 
2001 FXD 2006 stock heads 95" @ 10.5:1 Fueling 543
Dynatek ignition Supertrapp 2:1 29 tooth front pulley

rigidthumper

Do you have a Daytona Twin Tech TC88 ignition, or a Dynatek ?
With the DTT TC88 cables and software, you can pick any available spot in the ignition curve and change it, from 0° advance to 45° advance.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Mi Infidel

I have the Dynatek. I know you can buy the cables and get the software to program the Dynatek but I don't know if you can change every parameter. I'm really new to this ignition mapping thing.
I read from (maxheadflow I think) that the ignition curve on the Dynatek is way out of wack and my plugs ground strap is telling me I have too much timing so I was hoping I could spend the $100 bucks on the cables and program the Dynatek instead of buying the DTT since I just had to buy pistons and get cylinders bored etc.. getting a little bike part poor over here lol.
Thanks for the help!

Mi Infidel

After playing with the software and doing a bunch of forum reading it looks like you should be able to program the Dynatek TC88 ignition so I'm going to buy the cables. It's either that or buy a Daytona and the cables are cheaper since I already have the Dynatek.