Best AFR programmer for a 2007 Ultra Classic to reduce excessive engine heat.

Started by bdub70, July 25, 2023, 06:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slo-poke 03 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bdub70

Trying to get rid of the excessive engine heat on my new to me 2007 Ultra Classic. Took it out today for its first ride and couldn't believe how much heat it's throwing off. Made the ride so miserable that I won't be riding it until it gets taken care of.  Is Fuel Moto the way to go or do I have to get a full dunk tune? 
"Get On Your Bad Motorscooter And Ride"

turboprop

Fuel Moto does not manufacturer programmers but they do sell a lot of them. If you are going to do it yourself and do not have a dyno, the Thundermax is a pretty good option. Advanced tuners will prefer a flash type tuner like Power Vision. 
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

slo-poke 03

Thundermax is a pretty easy deal if you just want to put something on and go. I have one on my 07 UC and it works well. It's also easy to fiddle with a bit if you want to make a few changes.

Hilly13

Kinda depends on what you want in terms of doing it yourself or paying a tuner, if the latter go with what they use, if the former there are lots of options, tmax would not be my first choice but it works well enough, all the options involve a learning curve to which some find easier to grasp than others.
Just because its said don't make it so