April 27, 2024, 09:43:42 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Ratchet top question

Started by FZappa, August 12, 2023, 11:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FZappa

I bought another shovel and it came with a ton of parts and tools. One of the extras is a ratchet top transmission.  The trans has a broken tooth on the 15 tooth gear on the end of the countershaft. I too k the countershaft cluster out and disassembled. Problem is the gear cluster is 15/18 tooth.  I cannot find this tooth combo anywhere.  Do I have some kind of close ratio gear set? The speedo drive gear has 4 teeth and appears to be pressed on. Rest of trans is in beautiful shape. DI2P is etched into the end of the gearset at the broken tooth gear end. I know one of you shovel gurus out there will probably know what I got.  Thank you for your help.

Ohio HD

I don't know what D12P means, but

Ohio HD

fyi, just because the tooth count matches doesn't insure that it's an Andrews gear set. I know that Drag Specialties used to market their own, Custom Chrome did, as I think Tedd-Cycle marketed their own.

A call to Andrews tech support would be my next move.

FZappa

Ohio Sir.....Thank you.  I do believe thats what I got.  I will reference Andrews gear clusters from now on in my search for a replacment.  Thanks once again.

Brian

SP33DY

12 DP is the diametral pitch of the gear

FSG