Wiring question,Rushmore Tour Pak on my 09 CVO Road Glide

Started by Johnnie nap, August 27, 2023, 09:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnie nap

I found a nice complete 2014 CVO Ultra Tour Pak that was previously mounted on an 04 Electra glide. The wiring is cut but all there. Should I make a harness from the bike to the Tour Pak ? Does Harley have something I could retrofit?
Also I'm not familiar on how the under lights that shine down into the saddlebags work. Is there some kind of switch on the Rushmore setup? I want to hook up everything.

rigidthumper

August 27, 2023, 08:49:42 PM #1 Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 08:55:00 PM by rigidthumper
If it has the small oval shaped LED lights, the harness should supply battery power & ground. The center of the face (embossed Bar & Shield) is the switch- simply press on the B&S to turn on, press again to turn off.

Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Johnnie nap

Wow that's nice and simple,who'd a thought lol. Thanks for the info. I'm wondering how the 13 and down ultras get wired for a detachable tour pack. It seems they have the same run brake turn lights.  Is there a plug and play harness available?

rigidthumper

Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

harpwrench

Have you mounted it to see if your older saddlebag lids open with the rushmore tourpak?

Johnnie nap

Yes it's mounted, they open and clear perfectly.
Thanks for the link Ridid I'm sure one of those will work