April 27, 2024, 11:46:23 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Hydraulic Clutch Master Cylinder Sight Glass

Started by TerryJFT, August 31, 2023, 07:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerryJFT

Site glass was leaking on my 2015 CVO Road Glide.  I ordered the replacement kit, but am having a heck of a time trying to get it to seat.

Any tips on this?

rigidthumper

The area where the oring lives has to be pristine, and 1 drop of brake fluid is enough to properly lube both the oring and the window. Inspect the area carefully for any tiny scratches/gouges, because those will fight you.
Patience and perseverance. Good Luck.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

nibroc

FSG

TerryJFT

For anyone's future reference: The sight glass is a piece of plastic with little radial tabs (see pictures in links by FSG). Those little tabs need to seat in the hole groove.

when I went to the dealer to get the kit, they had to order it, AND it was on backorder. I was sure to order two kits - just in case.

I had significant difficulty getting the sight to seat enough. Was pressing with my fingers, used number of small sockets to press on the sight, channel locks & socket...  the tabs on my first piece became bent enough that the sight would not click in. Really glad I had gotten the second piece.  A 12mm socket seemed to do the trick in the end.

Thanks all