May 01, 2024, 04:24:52 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Took apart the woods platinum bushing lifter?

Started by itsafatboy, September 12, 2023, 12:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsafatboy

So i took the lifters apart to clean before instal, did blacken up the Qtips so there was some dirt or whatever, but my question is the lifter cup ,

this is how top end gets oil, the hole in the cup top and bottom is the smallest ive seen , smaller than a insulin needle i mean i can barely blow air threw it, hard to even see with naked eye, this just seems odd to me based on his other lifters ,  am i wrong on this will topend get enough oil?

there is no meter disk its just the cup and it sits in the inner lifter plunger, so that tiny hole is the meter. 

FSG

itsafatboy

talked to bobby woods and yep supposed to be exactly like that since no valve its a direct shot , using oil pump pressure, sorry no pics but he knew exaclty what i was talking about,

itsafatboy

Ok i get what bobby says , there is no piddle valve its just a direct shot to pushrod, but that hole is so small i mean you can barley see it smaller than or same size as a hair,  but wouldnt this be open to getting clogged or is that not going to happen,

ziggy24

September 13, 2023, 11:04:31 AM #4 Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 11:39:21 AM by Ohio HD
If its like other "direct shot" lifters, the channel is to feed the needle bearings in the roller, or in this case the roller bushing.

wfolarry

Without a valve the hole needs to be small otherwise the lifter would collapse.
If you still have it apart look & see if there are any small holes for the bushing. When I say small I mean really small.
If you look at the 2313SE lifters I sell you'll see 2 small holes in the groove on the lifter. You almost need a magnifying glass to see them. This is how the roller bearing gets it's oil.

itsafatboy

yes the small holes on side there just like yours ,  the hole in the pushrod cup is about the same size thats what concered me about the hole getting clgged,  since this hole is smaller that piston jets and have heard issues about those getting clogged ,  wonder why he didnt just use the pushrod cup and the meter disk like his other lifters seems safer ,

OldBogie

itsafatboy

so how is bushing getting oi is it the two small holes on the lifter body like the alpha or the lifters larry has?

itsafatboy

On the EDM oil for the bushing or the needle bearings,  so is there constant oil to these oil holes or just on certain times when bike running