April 27, 2024, 10:05:10 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Cylinder head CCs

Started by FZappa, September 16, 2023, 12:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FZappa

The saga of the blowed up 93" shovel continues.  I am going to send entire lower end to Truett and Osborne so they can true the T&O 4 1/2 shaved crank and balance to the forged pistons I choose.  I am trying to keep compression down around 9.5 to 1.  My heads are marked 16707-80A    also below that mark is 11-81.
The bike is a 1982 FXE.  I was wondering if any of you gurus know what the CC of the heads are.  They have been dual plugged with the right side plugs being short reach if that makes any difference.  This info will help me decide which pistons to get so I can send them to Truett & Osborne.  Also am thinking about getting Speed and Science aluminum cylinders to send to T&O so then can assemble the entire bottom end and jugs.  What do you think about Speed and Science aluminum cylinders?

I really appreciate the help,  thanks again.

Ohio HD

I've not personally cc'd Shovelheads, but as I recall they're around 130cc.

JSD

I would buy there heads not cylinders 

ghostrider

I've usually gotten around 122-128 on stock heads,  115-118 with STD and 122 or so with S&S.  Your second plug will probably put you in the 125 cc range,  assuming a lot of things, lol.  Remember the math is a bit different with shovelheads due to the fire ring gap and stuff. 

FZappa

Thank you much Ghostrider.  One more question please if you have the time.  If I cut a piece of plexiglass to measure, do I cut it to fit down inside the head where the fire ring goes or flat across where the gasket goes?  Thank you for your help.  It's much appreciated.

Dogbone45ACP

I have a set of S&S duel plug heads here. CCed @ 123.

ghostrider

Quote from: Brianowski on October 05, 2023, 01:56:16 PMThank you much Ghostrider.  One more question please if you have the time.  If I cut a piece of plexiglass to measure, do I cut it to fit down inside the head where the fire ring goes or flat across where the gasket goes?  Thank you for your help.  It's much appreciated.

Cut it so it fits inside, not flat accross the gasket surface.  I use the same thing, a little grease to seal it up and a hole off to the side to get your fluid in and air out.  A large burette gives much more accurate results than using a smaller syringe that you have to fill multiple times, in my experience.

FZappa

Thank you Ghostrider.  Cuttin the plexiglass now. Again, thanks