April 27, 2024, 06:20:39 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

info: getting around the no vin problem with PV

Started by jjdalynh, September 19, 2023, 04:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjdalynh

so i've seen this around the interwebz a couple times lately after i had experienced it last week when setting up a base map to tune a 2003 softail.  trying to flash the downloaded base tune from DJ fails with a no vin error.  i'd not seen this before.  the reason i was attempting to update to a newer map was the original was still untouched, a software level 93.  level 105 was the latest usable for the original Delphi ECUs.  problem is that the current maps for all 02-05 available on the PV or from DJ tune library online are all level 127.  these are only for 2002-2005 with the newer stock replacement ecm (the -11). this cal is not compatible with the old ecu, the error PV gives you is sort of vague and unhelpful. 

if you already have a software level 105 saved someplace, use that as a baseline vs the ones in the PV or from DJ.  DJ can probably also give you a base map with the 105 cal level if you email them but i didn't have that kind of time.  i don't think normal users can pull the stk file from the ecu and save as a PVT so they are probably stuck with emailing DJ for support, although maybe they can save the stk tune to a slot in the PV and get it that way?   can't remember if that works.....   but to update to a 105 they'd have to do one of the above options.