April 28, 2024, 10:10:48 AM

News:

Brembo brake pads

Started by bigfoot5x, September 20, 2023, 02:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfoot5x

Wife's bike: 2014 CVO Road King. After replacing the brake pads on the front, there is a ticking sound as the bike rolls forward. If the brakes are applied, the noise stops. I took everything apart and double checked the installation. It's like the pads are moving slightly front to back as the brakes are applied, moving forward or pushing backward. No noise for quite a while and then rolling it out of the garage backward, I apply the brake and it clicks. Then it will click moving forward a few times. Apply brakes and it stops. I told the wife to use the front brake more often and harder as that tends to keep the noise from happening. (I think she uses the rear brake too much by itself) Even my 2016 Street Glide will do it occasionally. These are Harley's #11 and #12 for us. I've never had this happen before with the previous bikes. I've always done my own service for the past 23 years on bikes bought new. These 2 were bought used so I don't know about prior work done. Any suggestions? Are there some anti rattle clips missing that I've forgotten about? I know some cars and trucks have anti rattle clips.

Ohio HD

As far as I know, all Brembo calipers on HD's use: 42852-06A PAD SPRING, ANTI-RATTLE.

FSG

September 20, 2023, 02:53:51 PM #2 Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 03:04:41 PM by FSG
 :agree:

item #4