April 27, 2024, 01:11:41 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

PV vs TTS

Started by pauly, September 27, 2023, 05:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauly

Hi All,
This may have been done to death, but I would like to get opinions from individuals who have used both Powervision, and MasterTune as to which is better (if any).
The reason I ask is that I'm looking to purchase a 2023 bike, and my preferred dealer only uses PV. I have a fair bit of experience with TTS, and would prefer that, only because I don't know the PV system at all.
Any wisdom here?

Thanks
Pauly

rigidthumper

Better is relative. Does the new bike have traction control? I much prefer the way TTS deals with TC.
Both work well for fuel/timing adjustments, and normal tuning requirements.
My preference is TTS, but that's probably because I learned on that system back when it was called SE Race Tuner (couple of decades ago)
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

lonewolf

TTS, far better data collection and manipulation. I find it far easier to use than anything else.

pauly

Hi Rigidthumper,
No traction control on this one, but I'm with you as far as preferring TTS.
Thanks for the reply.
Pauly

Quote from: rigidthumper on September 27, 2023, 05:58:19 AMBetter is relative. Does the new bike have traction control? I much prefer the way TTS deals with TC.
Both work well for fuel/timing adjustments, and normal tuning requirements.
My preference is TTS, but that's probably because I learned on that system back when it was called SE Race Tuner (couple of decades ago)

pauly

Hi Lonewolf,
Me too - but possibly only because that's the only thing I've used! That's why I posed the question as I'm not sure what I don't know. Thanks for that.
Pauly

Quote from: lonewolf on September 27, 2023, 07:05:40 AMTTS, far better data collection and manipulation. I find it far easier to use than anything else.

Arseclown

Both are more than capable of getting a good tune with a capable tuner. If your tuner uses PV then it's a no brainer

pauly

Hi Arseclown,
To me, (being a diy type), it's more important that I can use the unit myself. Preferred tuners/mechanics/tilers/plumbers/technicians, etc etc, tend to dissappear and I'm then left holding the bag. When (well, if.... I may think the 114 has enough for me to leave it stock) I decide to do stage 2, I think I'll stick with TTS.

Thanks for the reply though - you are 100% correct - if I wasn't the self reliant type, I could just get the pv, let them do the tune, and hope it's all good!

Pauly

Hilly13

Stick with what ya know Pauly 👍
Just because its said don't make it so

98fxstc

Quote from: Hilly13 on September 29, 2023, 03:45:30 PMStick with what ya know Pauly 👍

Agree 100%
Got no idea about tuning traction control but if you have a bit of experience with TTS you can road tune and that will be sufficient until you can get to a pro tuner to finish the job.
Plan ahead for a road trip and work in a visit to a pro tuner.

lonewolf

Traction control might be tough on the street.
You cannot see attachments on this board.

98fxstc

Don't have an m8 so I have never looked at traction control.
So a bike with traction control has to go to a pro ?

lonewolf

Well that I don't know as I'm amazed at some of the vtune data I see collected from guys on the street.  I doubt you would come anywhere close to what you can do on the dyno. TTS is the only device that has this figured out.

60Gunner

Quote from: lonewolf on September 30, 2023, 08:22:59 AMWell that I don't know as I'm amazed at some of the vtune data I see collected from guys on the street.  I doubt you would come anywhere close to what you can do on the dyno. TTS is the only device that has this figured out.

TTS is the only one that as a few more things figured out. :wink:

Jamie Long

Quote from: pauly on September 27, 2023, 05:15:56 AMHi All,
This may have been done to death, but I would like to get opinions from individuals who have used both Powervision, and MasterTune as to which is better (if any).
The reason I ask is that I'm looking to purchase a 2023 bike, and my preferred dealer only uses PV. I have a fair bit of experience with TTS, and would prefer that, only because I don't know the PV system at all.
Any wisdom here?

Thanks
Pauly

I recommend using the tuning product the individual doing the tuning is most comfortable tuning with, if in the end that person is yourself have a willingness to learn from those with firsthand experience using the toolset at hand.

misfitJason

I have used both. I do like the tube building feature of the TTS but I think the powervision is much easier for the user to use.

I eventually went from a PV with target tune to TTS because the only competent tuner near me only used TTS (doc)
2006 Dyna, Kraftech Evo Softail