April 27, 2024, 07:23:03 AM

News:

Red Line

Started by gregfxs, September 27, 2023, 04:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregfxs

Is Redline tranny fluid with shockproof as good as heavy shockproof? Just noticed the quart I bought says with shockproof I've always used heavy shockproof. Thanks... :beer:
Well this just turned into a real monkey f*#k

Tacocaster

If it says, "Redline Tranny w/SP" it'll work just fine. Even Redline Automotive Differential Fluid with SP will work. (Redline said it was the same formula - where I had 4 quarts left over after selling the car, I asked).

BUT.....if you're not comfortable, then don't. Take it back and use whatever you are comfortable with.
We're all A-holes. It's to what degree that makes us different.

cheech

If THIS V Twin Transmission bottle is what you have.
The bottom listed attribute states this
QuoteSame fluid as our unique Heavy ShockProof® Gear Oil

IronButt70

I mentioned this in a thread I posted a few months ago about the Redline tranny fluid. When I changed it after 10k there was a considerable amount of pink oily condensation that came out of the drain. I pulled the trap door off and the bearings were full of whitish pink oil which was clearly full of moisture also. After some searching I found some people saying that the oil seems to be absorbing condensation like dot 4 brake fluid. I cleaned up everything and put redline back in again. That was about 7k miles ago. I pulled the trap door off to replace the clutch cable and again the bearings were full of oily whitish pink moisture. I have not ridden in any rain, the tranny vent is correctly positioned and there would be no way the I know of for water to get into the tranny. Bike is garaged at all times when not being ridden. I've been using Redline for a long time and this has me baffled. Could they have changed their formula or something? I put in Bel-Ray this time. I will see what happens next. I will keep a close eye on it.  :scratch: 
No one else put you on the road you're on. It's your own asphalt.

dusty1

For $ 26 a quart this had better not be the case. Spending that much on a quart of oil had better make for flawless  inter galactic cruising   

JSD

Is redline suitable for 4 speeds with bronze bushings ? I use GL4 in mine and GL5 in later trans

FSG

my 03 Fatty is running Lightweight ShockProof, has been for perhaps 10 years now

my now gone to another enthusiast Nissan Sunny Truck had SuperLight ShockProof (Baby Poo Yellow) in the 4 Speed Gearbox, I see the current owner occasionally, he still runs Superlight in it

my '90 FLHTCU has Heavy ShockProof in it, I've just not got around to changing it to Lightweight

Redline .......  if I cant get it then Bel-Ray is next