April 27, 2024, 08:27:20 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Iridiums for an EVO

Started by nmainehunter, October 06, 2023, 07:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmainehunter

Does anyone run these in their EVO?

Hossamania

A waste of money.
Stick with the stock HD plugs or an equivalent from one of the name brand manufacturers.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Ohio HD

October 06, 2023, 07:50:48 AM #2 Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 07:38:54 PM by kd
I have not run them in an Evo or TC, or any HD for that matter.

The main purpose of Iridium spark plugs is longer life. There is some advantages with the small center electrode, allowing a spark path with less voltage.

98s1lightning

I've got NGK R 

BPR5ES-11 in my evo, stock ignition and compression

20k and counting on those with no issues to my knowledge

JSD

HogMike

October 21, 2023, 05:45:02 AM #5 Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 06:10:37 AM by FSG
All my bikes except for one.
LOL
 :missed:
You cannot see attachments on this board.
HOGMIKE
SoCal

guido4198

NGK Iridiums in the '99 Evo motor in my'85 FXRS. Best plug I've ever run and that's based upon comparisons done while using the bike in a daily commuting situation. Same ride every day, close to 100 mi. roundtrip, every day, same route...mostly I-95 down here in Fla. Slight improvement in gas mileage was definitely observed. I routinely pulled them at 15,000 mi. "just because".
Necessary...absolutely not. I like to try stuff so over the course of the 39 yrs and 320,000 mi. I've ridden this bike...I've tried different things, just because.  :wink:

thumper 823

Whish ever plugs you use index them to the intake
D Troop 3/5, - C/16 ,162AHC, Mekong delta.
Rising from the Ashes  UHIH

98s1lightning

Quote from: thumper 823 on February 17, 2024, 06:42:10 AMWhish ever plugs you use index them to the intake
What material shims are you using for indexing

Dan89flstc

Quote from: thumper 823 on February 17, 2024, 06:42:10 AMWhish ever plugs you use index them to the intake
Waste of time.
US Navy Veteran
A&P Mechanic

fatbobber

I use Nology wires and matching silver plugs from Nology, always great results .
Had those wires and plugs tested on a Buell , years ago , the guy who worked the dyno said plugs don't do anything....that setup showed 3 solid horsepowers gain over the standard setup with Accel wires and NGK plugs . You don't have to believe me ,i know what the dyno said . I don't have the sheet anymore,it's to long ago but i do know they work .

jsachs1

Quote from: fatbobber on April 06, 2024, 12:48:29 PMI use Nology wires and matching silver plugs from Nology, always great results .
Had those wires and plugs tested on a Buell , years ago , the guy who worked the dyno said plugs don't do anything....that setup showed 3 solid horsepowers gain over the standard setup with Accel wires and NGK plugs . You don't have to believe me ,i know what the dyno said . I don't have the sheet anymore,it's to long ago but i do know they work .
And WHY do you think that happened ?  :nix:
John