DTC's After Pulling StockTune W/PV

Started by lilchief, October 09, 2023, 01:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilchief

Bike is a 2022 FXLRST, bone stock. I'm just about to purchase a tuners license from FM, so I used the proper cable for my PV 2B, to pull the stock tune so they can generate the license.  After doing so, I never started the bike until today. I had historical codes under the ecm, bcm, abs, & speedo. All were uo 156h, uo 100h, uo 121h, & uo 140h. I cleared all of them and went for a ride. None came back. Is this a common occurrence After hooking the PV up? I dont recall this happening on my 2015 RG when I had it. All the codes are a loss of communication code from what I found.
Thank you

joe_lyons

21+ is a whole nother animal.  Yes sometimes you will get some of those codes that pop while doing a read or converting a level of calibration.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

hrdtail78

It's always good to check for codes before hand.  You should have no codes on a new stock bike, and if there are codes.  I want to know which ones before I move forward.  Then when and if this does happen.  I just erase them and not even look.
Semper Fi

lilchief

I have the codes I pulled somewhere,  but they were all dealing with loss of power to abs, ecm, etc. Shortly after pulling the .stk file from the bike, I pulled it from the PV2 and sent it to FM to generate a license.  Once I got the license etc back from FM, I went to load it into my PV2 and it wouldn't power up via the PC link. It took a crap, & I've got a new PV3 now. I can't help but think the PV malfunctioning had something to do with the codes thrown.