April 27, 2024, 07:24:20 AM

News:

ACR Relay

Started by WhipLash96, October 09, 2023, 05:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhipLash96

Where is the ACR relay usually located and what does it look like? I need to do a compression test but can't until I get that disconnected. My bike has been converted to EFI so not sire where everything should be.  Any direction is appreciated.
Thanks,
Whip

Ohio HD

Not knowing what the bike is.....

A custom EFI swap on an early model bike, they may have wired the ACR's direct. For factory ACR bikes the system relay is what one side of the circuit is attached to. The other side is the ECM.

Easiest way to crank the motor is key off, use a mechanics jumper switch to the starter relay.

WhipLash96

Quote from: Ohio HD on October 09, 2023, 07:49:47 PMNot knowing what the bike is.....

A custom EFI swap on an early model bike, they may have wired the ACR's direct. For factory ACR bikes the system relay is what one side of the circuit is attached to. The other side is the ECM.

Easiest way to crank the motor is key off, use a mechanics jumper switch to the starter relay.
Yes, I know for a fact that the ACR'S were wired direct to ignition. Thanks. I was thinking that I would be able to simply disconnect the ACR'S at the plug then do the test.
Thanks,
Whip

turboprop

OEM ACRs have a connector less, maybe 8"-9" away from the ACR.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

WhipLash96

Quote from: Ohio HD on October 09, 2023, 07:49:47 PMNot knowing what the bike is.....

Thanks. I decided to buy a remote switch and run the test that way. :smiled:
Thanks,
Whip

guydoc77

I have simply unplugged the ACR connector(s) in the past to do compression test. Am I missing something here?

kouack

Quote from: guydoc77 on October 11, 2023, 08:02:35 AMI have simply unplugged the ACR connector(s) in the past to do compression test. Am I missing something here?
More than one way to skin a cat, i also use a bump switch on the starter solenoid, easy and do not have to reach for the two ACR connectors.

WhipLash96

Quote from: kouack on October 11, 2023, 08:12:12 AM
Quote from: guydoc77 on October 11, 2023, 08:02:35 AMI have simply unplugged the ACR connector(s) in the past to do compression test. Am I missing something here?
More than one way to skin a cat, i also use a bump switch on the starter solenoid, easy and do not have to reach for the two ACR connectors.
Th8s is the way I'm going.
Thanks,
Whip

Hossamania

The ACR is an aftermarket custom install and finding and accessing the connectors was a challenge for Whip.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.