April 27, 2024, 12:07:21 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2020 CVO Road Glide - buzzing noise from front end at start-up

Started by scott7d, October 13, 2023, 10:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scott7d

After I hit the power switch, I am getting a buzzing sound for 15-20 seconds from the front end. I first thought it could be the fuel pump going out, then discovered it is coming from the fairing. I still had the fuel filter changed today as a precaution. It was about due anyways.

The noise only occurs after the bike has sat for a while, like overnight for example. If I go to start it after already riding around for a bit, it doesn't do it. This is what made me think initially it was fuel pump/filter related and maybe it was losing prime after sitting for several hours. It does sound like a motor or fan struggling. The bike had the audio upgraded recently and wonder if it's a noise coming from the amplifier. Any tips would be appreciated!

https://youtube.com/shorts/8TCg_9RXCD4?feature=share
Scott Matlock - Bloomington, IN
Iron Butt Rider #72408 - Facebook: The Hoosier Cruiser

rigidthumper

I'd pop the windshield & top cover off and try again, maybe unplugging the amp? It sounds like a fan bearing, but difficult to tell.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Leed

It does sound like a fan running. If it didn't do it before the stereo upgrade that would be the first thing I'd look at.

scott7d

I appreciate the feedback. The audio upgrade was done back in August and the amp has a 2-year warranty. I've called the installer and he'll take a look at it soon.
Scott Matlock - Bloomington, IN
Iron Butt Rider #72408 - Facebook: The Hoosier Cruiser