April 27, 2024, 05:13:59 PM

News:

Headlight recommendations

Started by RVN73, October 14, 2023, 08:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RVN73

I just went from a 2002 Road King to a 2022 FLHTK Ultra Limited. The LED headlight on the Limited is the worst light I have ever had on a bike. I have looked at Hogworkz and Eagle lights for upgrades. What are the recommendations or suggestions from the group?

Leed

Have you checked that it's aimed correctly? 

RVN73

I did, thanks. Low beam with the fog lights I thought was good. When I went to high beam it was a spot in the center of the lane. Not good at all.

HogMike

Quote from: RVN73 on October 14, 2023, 09:20:54 AMI did, thanks. Low beam with the fog lights I thought was good. When I went to high beam it was a spot in the center of the lane. Not good at all.

Run the spot lights WITH the high beam.
If not done already have the dealer flash the ecm to enable it. Should be cheap or free.
HOGMIKE
SoCal

boooby1744

Turn the adjuster at least 1/2 to 1 1/2 turn higher than what the instructions call for. They have them set on the low side as not give the occasional flash at oncoming traffic as the bike bounces up and down at the expense of you being able to see. JW Speaker and Vision-X make are very good alternatives to stock.