April 27, 2024, 10:08:54 AM

News:

Radio bolts.

Started by tbird, October 15, 2023, 04:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbird

Any tips in getting the rear 2 bolts started on the radio. Reinstalling radio on a 07 ultra and not going well.

Tacocaster

Ain't they a bitch?
Tips? Patience is a given but other than that (and IIRC) there are two holes in the Fairing Support that will allow you to insert a long shank Allen through to the radio. Offered as a tip in case you were not already aware.
We're all A-holes. It's to what degree that makes us different.

Coyote

Tacocaster

Yes! A ball Allen will certainly help. There's an also a caution here......take your time, don't get frustrated and be careful you don't cross-thread the bolt. It's easy to do in this application when you loose yer sh&t. One of them, "Ask me how I know" scenarios.

Hmmmmmm....that might be a healthy thread on good ol' HTT...."Ask Me How I Know...."
We're all A-holes. It's to what degree that makes us different.

calif phil

If you think they might have been started crooked, it might be a good idea to pull the radio back out and run a tap in them to make sure the threads are not buggered up.

SP33DY

It usually helps to put the screw on the long reach ball end allen with a wrap of electrical tape. Once the screw starts, pull the driver off and remove the tape. That can save you a lot of time looking for the screw if it bumps something on the way in, and then falls to a secret hideout that only small screws, small snap rings, and other small essential items can find.

chaos901

I remember taking apart / or disconnecting a lot of stuff in order to get a good shot at a couple of those bolts. 
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE