May 01, 2024, 11:02:02 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

advise for thunderslide kit

Started by gsyhog, June 11, 2009, 01:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsyhog

Hi all

I have 98 FXST with high flow air filter, V+H 2 into 1 pro pipe and have fitted a dynojet thunderslide kit to standard carb, bike also has screaming eagle ignition module to increase rev limit (not sure if this will have any affect except maybe timing)
Can't seem to get the bike to run right, have installed everything as per instructions but bike runs rich off of idle
I have .45 idle jet, needle on 3rd notch, 185 main jet and mixture screw is out about 1 3/4 turns, Altitude is 0 (sea level)
As far as I can tell without CO meter idle mixture is ok, when you rev the bike at stand still i'm gettin some smoke until it goes back to idle.
will lowering the needle cure this?  or should i try something else.

mayor

my limited use of the T-slide would lend me to believe that your main is too large.  The DJ e-tube and jets don't behave quite the same as the stock e-tube and jets.  I would try changing your main out to a 175 or maybe even a 170.  I ran a dj160 main in conjunction with the T-slide on my t-storm equipped sporty and the afr was still around 12.5:1 WOT.   
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

05FLHTC

See attached

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

mayor

great list '05.  where did you come up with that?
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

05FLHTC

That list came from one of our members here on HTT maybe Mike52?
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA